Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclovin2277

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
My boss purchased 30 iPads for our school, and also purchased 30+ iTunes cards for each. He is wanting me to make 30 "fake" accounts to be able to set up the iPads. I haven't had much time to play around with them yet, but it seems like you can't even turn them on until you connect to a computer/iTunes. Maybe it's me, but it just doesn't seem to be the most efficient way. But, if that's what I gotta do, that's what I gotta do!

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Tulipone

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
Huntingdon UK
I know that you can have at least two ipads on a. iTunes account, maybe you can have thirty on one account? That would make life easier for you and those itunes cards go way longer.

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I am working on a project that could result in 500+ iPads being released into our organization. I am working with 8 testers right now and what I had to do was set up each person with an iTunes account linked to their work email address. I then advised them to download iTunes and authorize the computer using the iTunes log in I created for them. I set up the device on my PC and when complete deauthorized my PC. Once they get the iPad I had them transfer the apps I had downloaded to their library and had them sync the device.

It is a pain in the ass, but according to Apple it's the only way to handle it right now until iOS 4 is released for iPad and then you can do imaging and wireless app distribution via the web.

MikeTemple

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2010
In the cloud
It is a pain in the ass, but according to Apple it's the only way to handle it right now until iOS 4 is released for iPad and then you can do imaging and wireless app distribution via the web.

I hope IOS 4 comes out before you have to distribute those 500 iPads :eek:

skipjackpoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
quick question

since some of you have experience with multiple iPads in a single organization. I'm curious if you know of a way that would allow a presenter the ability to control multiple ipads with a single contoller at the same time (for example...a iPhone controller app)? My goal would to be able to give presentations off multiple iPads and contol those iPads from one source like an iPhone. I found a powerpoint controller app that uses Bluetooth instead of WiFi which might allow multi connects at one time. Why use multiple iPads instead of just a VGA connection to a projector. A lot of our clients have offices that are not setup with a projector screen nor a good wall to project on. And carrying around a projector screen just sucks! Plus...using an iPad gives us that wow factor. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Zebassis

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
since some of you have experience with multiple iPads in a single organization. I'm curious if you know of a way that would allow a presenter the ability to control multiple ipads with a single contoller at the same time (for example...a iPhone controller app)? My goal would to be able to give presentations off multiple iPads and contol those iPads from one source like an iPhone.

Take a look at WebEx by Cisco. We use it at work for meetings etc, offers screen share from PC to other PC's and there is a nice iPad and iPhone version (free). I quite often join meetings on my iPad rather than clutter up my laptop or desktop with someone elses screenshares :)

skipjackpoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
app

Zebassis, thanks for the response back. Since my post yesterday, i have discovered an app that is designed exactly for what I need except for using PPT files, I will just have to convert the PPT file into a PDF file. The app is called Conference Pad. Haven't tested it out but sounds like my answer.

JohnApple7

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
It sounds like a sync and charge cart would solve your problem. The cart syncs all of your iPads to one computer with one iTunes account. Additionally the cart secures the iPads from theft and charges them as well. If you want to know more you can head over to www.ipadcart.info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.