Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuna9720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Those options are not selectable and I can't make it to work.

166ki0y.png

30bdbeo.png

What should I do, any ideas?

tuna9720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Thanks man , but there seems nothing assigned to that shortcut.
Still nothing happens.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Thanks man , but there seems nothing assigned to that shortcut.
Still nothing happens.

You have Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard I guess?

I just tried it on an older Mac OS X 10.5.5 MP with a PDF and it seems you have to select the text first to actually use the Mark tool. But the Annotate tools were not greyed out on that Mac though.

tuna9720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Yeah I'm on a 10.5 Leopard.

I found this on another website; you have to open "Customize Toolbar" from the "View" menu at the top. And then add the "Annotate" icon to the menu bar. From there I can use that tool now.

It's still grayed out when I manually try to open it from the "Tool" menu though.

Anyway; it's working now.

Thank you again..

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Yeah I'm on a 10.5 Leopard.

I found this on another website; you have to open "Customize Toolbar" from the "View" menu at the top. And then add the "Annotate" icon to the menu bar. From there I can use that tool now.

It's still grayed out when I manually try to open it from the "Tool" menu though.

Anyway; it's working now.

Thank you again..
Yeah, I forgot about the customisation option, as I instinctively seem to put that icon there after a fresh installation, though I think the icon is standard in Snow Leopard, as I don't remember putting it there last week (fresh, clean install on new SSD).

Not glad it worked though, wanted you to talk into upgrading your OS or deleting some files or using Terminal or whatever I can not think of. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.