Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've upgraded to 4.2.1 on my wifi iPad, signed into my free MobileMe account (which says "Find My iPad" under MobileMe in Mail, Contacts, Calendars), downloaded the Find My iPhone app onto my iPad, and followed the steps on Apple's website on how to set it up.

Location services are on. Find My iPad is on. Fetch new data is set to Push. My AppleID is verified.

For some reason, my iPad isn't registering. When I open the app, it tells me that I have no devices registered. When I go to me.com, it shows I have no devices registered. When I go to the app on my iPhone, it shows no devices registered.

It works for my iPhone 4. That set up easily, and I can locate it on my iPhone, iPad, and at me.com.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Weiser878

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
I've upgraded to 4.2.1 on my wifi iPad, signed into my free MobileMe account (which says "Find My iPad" under MobileMe in Mail, Contacts, Calendars), downloaded the Find My iPhone app onto my iPad, and followed the steps on Apple's website on how to set it up.

Location services are on. Find My iPad is on. Fetch new data is set to Push. My AppleID is verified.

For some reason, my iPad isn't registering. When I open the app, it tells me that I have no devices registered. When I go to me.com, it shows I have no devices registered. When I go to the app on my iPhone, it shows no devices registered.

It works for my iPhone 4. That set up easily, and I can locate it on my iPhone, iPad, and at me.com.

Anyone have any ideas here?

I'm having that same problem.

I can display a message and lock the iPad, but it won't locate it. I've even tried having the iPad actively connected (surfing safari and streaming youtube) as well as just having it idle and having it asleep.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I also am having the same problem. It see's my iPad but will not locate it. I find that if I go into the settings and turn Find My iPad off and on again, then it works.....until I use the again that is. But no matter what I do, I can't get a message to pop up on my iPad.

mike423

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Help Required.....

Hello guys,

I'am having the same trouble with my ipad 2 and ipod 4g, please help me it's really frustrating...

Thanks...

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The solution for me was this:

I have a modem, wireless router, and Vonage gateway device.

Before, they were set up in this order: modem>Vonage>wireless router

Apparently, the Vonage device was the problem. It was blocking Find My iPad and even FaceTime on my Mac and iPad 2 from working (oddly enough, it worked just fine on my iPhone).

So, I switched the order: modem>wireless router>Vonage device

Now everything works perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.