Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

humblepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
hi all, i think we have come across alot of finance app but i really like one that integrates with windows desktop apps like quicken or gnucash or something.

i am a fan of envelope budgeting and would like to integrate that into the ipad.

envelope-budgeting_thumb.png

How to budget with envelope budgeting to save money easily

do you guys have suggestions?

Last edited:

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
YouNeedABudget is a cross-platform program that has an accompanying iphone app. It uses the envelope system, and I really like it.

I know it's not an iPad specific app. but it works well.

YouNeedABudget.com. I also like that the program is a one-time fee, rather than a monthly subscription, which many finance-based products are.

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
Not sure if it completely does what your looking for or not, but PocketMoney sounds pretty close. It allows you to create multiple accounts and budgets. It also works with Quicken, I believe. And you can sync between your iPhone and the iPad.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
Not sure if it completely does what your looking for or not, but PocketMoney sounds pretty close...
No one except the developer and maybe a few testers know whether this does what the OP wants but I agree that it's one to watch carefully. I say this because the developer is working on release 3.2 at the moment and that is the release where big enhancements will be made to budgeting so none of us know what that will look like but envelope budgeting has certainly been discussed on the forums (http://catamount.com/forums/) and I agree with fifi77, keep your eye on PocketMoney because it is actively developed, already feature rich, and about to get a budgeting overhaul.

- Julian

humblepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
thanks to all i am surprise ynab has an iphone app. but whawt we are looking for is probably quicken to integrate well with their online or mint to integrate well with their web app.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
HomeBudget with Sync

Made for iPad and iPhone and they sync with each other. It keeps track of expenses and you can also make categories and budgets. Is this what you're looking for?

There's a lite version so you can try before you buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.