|Dec 1, 2010, 08:27 PM||#1|
MBA 13 problems with Excel Office 2011
Two strange issues that I can't fix on my new MB Air 13 with MS Office for MAC 2011 and Excel.
1) I can't get the Standard Toolbar to show up when I open a new worksheet. I go to view, toolbars and then see that the Standard Toolbar is checked, but it doesn't show up. The only way to get it to show up is to do a series of steps:
- uncheck Standard Toolbar menu and go back out;
- go back in and check the Standard Toolbar and back to the spreadsheet - the Standard Toolbar still doesn't show up;
- so then I click on the Layout tab on the ribbon ... and then it shows up!
2) I can't see the bottom of the window/spreadsheet -- which means I can't resize the window. To resolve this, I have to do these steps:
- open system preferences, and change my MB Air screen resolution from 1440 x 900 down to 1280 x 800 ...
- then go back to the spreadsheet, and resize the window (make it smaller on the screen)
- go back and resize the window back to 1440 x 900
- and then close the system preferences ... at this point, the Excel spreadsheet window is smaller and I can see/use the bottom of the screen to resize, etc. etc. etc.
Strange ... can't figure out what setting I have wrong or why I can't get Excel for Mac 2011 to work correctly on the MB Air screen ...
Any ideas or solutions is appreciated.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Office 2011 Deactivation||Fooj||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||9||Oct 16, 2013 06:32 PM|
|"There is a problem with the Office database" Error Microsoft Office 2011||amphibious||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Jan 16, 2012 02:17 AM|
|Office 2011 Subscribed Public Folders Calendar Options||AlliOop||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Aug 1, 2011 11:41 AM|
|Problem with 13 inch MacBook Pro||xc runner||MacBook Pro||0||Apr 7, 2011 03:25 PM|
|Office 2008 or Office 2011?||Politis||MacBook Pro||13||Feb 10, 2011 03:46 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.