Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Hi all

I am having trouble installing a wireless repeater.

I am trying to set up a D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless Repeater but I cannot access the set up menu since the Install CD cannot be read by my mac even though the specifications say it is mac compatible.

I tried following the steps on its online help website but Safari nor Firefox can enter the set up address, which is 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.1.50.

I can connect the repeater to my router with ethernet cable and it works no problem, just that there are no security measures for the Repeater as anyone can join the repeater signal.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
Hi all

I am having trouble installing a wireless repeater.

I am trying to set up a D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless Repeater but I cannot access the set up menu since the Install CD cannot be read by my mac even though the specifications say it is mac compatible.

I tried following the steps on its online help website but Safari nor Firefox can enter the set up address, which is 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.1.50.

I can connect the repeater to my router with ethernet cable and it works no problem, just that there are no security measures for the Repeater as anyone can join the repeater signal.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I'm understanding how you have it setup initially...do you already have it connected to your router when you are trying to access it? If so, then there may be an issue with the subnets conflicting...Not sure that would be a problem on a repeater...but have you tried connecting it directly to your computer?

If so, then make sure to turn off all other connections before trying to bring up the IP of the repeater.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.