Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STravisC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
So i have an iPhone 3g on T-Mobile running fine. I have unlimited picture and text messaging. But my question is does MMS cost extra? even though i have unlimited MMS? I'm new to this and my parents wont be happy if they get charged extra.

Thanks
-Travis

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
So i have an iPhone 3g on T-Mobile running fine. I have unlimited picture and text messaging. But my question is does MMS cost extra? even though i have unlimited MMS? I'm new to this and my parents wont be happy if they get charged extra.

Thanks
-Travis

Why would it cost extra if you have unlimited MMS? :confused: I'm not really understanding why you would think you would be charged, however - I don't have T-Mobile and I don't know how they do it, so call and ask them.

STravisC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
Well because i heard that the iphone uses a data plan to send MMS and i dont have any kind of internet plan.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay

Thanks
-Travis

Why would it cost extra when you already have an unlimited plan? Sending text/pictures has no connection to a data plan.

STravisC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
Okay that's great news. I'm a noob so that's why im asking.

Thanks!

STravisC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
I just installed the Tmobile us carrier mms fix for IOS4 and i can send and recieve fine.

iLover1

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2010
I just installed the Tmobile us carrier mms fix for IOS4 and i can send and recieve fine.
how did you get this t mobile mms fix through cydia, cause my version of cydia 4.2 does not allow the repo, it says its unsupported.

STravisC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
how did you get this t mobile mms fix through cydia, cause my version of cydia 4.2 does not allow the repo, it says its unsupported.

I just added the pushfix repo and it worked fine. i have 4.2 also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.