Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinokeith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
You can now create folders (Collections) in iBooks 1.2. Unfortunately, it's only within the iBooks app, and not in the iTunes interface.

Press the Collections button to create new folders and then press the Edit button to select and move the books or PDFs into the collection. You can also create new Collections in the Edit mode after you've selected at least one book or PDF and then press the Move button.

Swiping the Collection of Books left or right moves through the Collections.

Last edited:

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
You can now create folders (Collections) in iBooks 1.2. Unfortunately, it's only within the iBooks app, and not in the iTunes interface.

Press the Collections button to create new folders and then press the Edit button to select and move the books or PDFs into the collection. You can also create new Collections in the Edit mode after you've selected at least one book or PDF and then press the Move button.

Just note before you upgrade. Apparently afterwards your PDFs (all of them) end up with the same cover. So be warned. I only had a couple but others have over 100 and they're PO'd to say the least.

ScaryMerry

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
North Carolina
Just note before you upgrade. Apparently afterwards your PDFs (all of them) end up with the same cover. So be warned. I only had a couple but others have over 100 and they're PO'd to say the least.

Really? I haven't had that problem. My 50 or so PDFs look just like they did prior to the update.

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
This was coming from the reviews in the app store. So take it for what it's worth.
I think people possibly haven't given the pdfs time to refresh their covers. I have this short delay after adding batches of books or magazines. Also, sometimes there is a delay with books actually appearing in iBooks after adding or deleting several books. Whatever, I bet that most people will see their covers appear when a little time has passed ...ZZZZzzzzzzz.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I think people possibly haven't given the pdfs time to refresh their covers. I have this short delay after adding batches of books or magazines. Also, sometimes there is a delay with books actually appearing in iBooks after adding or deleting several books. Whatever, I bet that most people will see their covers appear when a little time has passed ...ZZZZzzzzzzz.

Nope, all my PDF's have decided to take the cover of the last PDF file I transferred.

I have tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad, moving the files into different folders, all to no avail. I must have around 80 files all looking exactly the same now. Another weird thing is when opening any of the files, the original file will open but will momentarily flash up as the last PDF (the one the cover is showing for).

Definitely a bug.

Shaun.sheff

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2010
Nope, all my PDF's have decided to take the cover of the last PDF file I transferred.

I have tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad, moving the files into different folders, all to no avail. I must have around 80 files all looking exactly the same now. Another weird thing is when opening any of the files, the original file will open but will momentarily flash up as the last PDF (the one the cover is showing for).

Definitely a bug.

had the same problem. I tried all the above to solve it without success.
So it is a bug

however i did resolve it i deleted both pdf and epubs files from the ipad. most of my pdf files were showing the same cover but when i tried to read them they would work and show the real file. So i moved the original pdf file off the ipad and added all the files again without the oriiginal pdf. and everything worked.

to clarify move the original pdf file that is being repeated and then add the epub and pdf files again to the ipad. Mine were back to normal once i'd got rid of it so hopefully yours will too.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.