Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakerbaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Hello,

I recently purchased a gently used MacBook. Running 10.5.8.

The computer sounded and operating perfectly until I made the following software updates:

MAC OS X Update Combined
iTunes
QuickTime
Security Update 2010-007
Remote Desktop Client Update
Airport Base Station Update
iLife Support
Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 5
Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 8
Safari
FrontRow
Airport Utility

Now I have an annoying hum noise, that could possibly be the fan.

I have run Disk Utility, but the annoying hum noise remains. Does anyone have any suggestions before taking this by an Apple Store.

This was intended as a Christmas gift for my wife. Can anyone spare me the embarassment?

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
Do you mean you have bought a mac that has leopard 10.5. Because the current version is 10.6 snow leopard. Try to install osx again from the cd tham came with your mac. And do the updates again. Happy hollydays anyway :)

kidnice

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2011
This is what I did problem solved all problems

I just reprogramed my Mac and all those problems I had the static ,sound going on and off , isight not working all went away. I got all these problems after I updated my Mac from apples updates I have not gotten that problem ever since I restored my Mac and I am not going to ever update my Mac again unless I am sure that they got some REAL Updates that wont mess up our Machines! I do not know why people are letting Apple get away with messing up there Macs with those so called updates!! I went threw alot looking for a answer they never provided by the way... So until apple gets there updates straight I wil not update my mac . I am telling you I know for sure its the updates because just to see something. I reprogramed my Mac then updated it again and again all those problems came back,So what I did? I reprogramed it again and now everythings fine a month later still everythings fine .So you do the Math... :)Sorry apple I love you guys but look into this please......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.