Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

militaryman911

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Im thinking about buying an Ipod Touch 4th generation and have been looking around for a cheaper price on the 32gb than the retail $299. I came across this site selling it for $97. Has anyone ever heard of or used this site? Is it legit? Are the items brand new? If not, is there any place I can get it new for less? (cheapest I've seen other than this site is Amazon for 275)

http://www.zwee.com/apple/cheap-apple-ipod-touch/

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
The cheapest was at ToysRUs for $229 32GB. Yup sorry you missed that one.

bestBuy has them on sale this week.

I always buy my electronics from an Authorized Reseller. This way I know I'm getting the right product and that the manufacture will honor their warrantee. You can google the list of Apple Authorized Dealers.

stab244

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2009
Hmm it uses PayPal to pay. Too bad it always end in a fatal failure. Would be nice if that was real.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
that's a 3rd generation fyi. in any case, if it's too good to be true...

militaryman911

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2008
thats what i twas thinking, too good to be true hahah looks like ill just go with amazon for 275 unless someone knows of a better deal?

stab244

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2009
the picture is 1st gen, but if you try to checkout, the description is 3rd gen.

Description is more a mix of 2nd gen and 4th gen... Says theres a 16gb and 32gb model which the 2nd iPT had. But then also mentions FaceTime and other stuff. So confuzzled.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
It can be true, because apple buy things from China for maybe for 50$ and then they built ipod touch or ipod , so they sail for 229 ipod touch, and that"s how they make money, SO this site that you just show maybe true. For example AMAZON: they buy like 40 ipod touch from apple for about 100$ each cause you buying not one its 40 ipods, maybe its true, I hope if its works tell us here.

militaryman911

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2008
It can be true, because apple buy things from China for maybe for 50$ and then they built ipod touch or ipod , so they sail for 229 ipod touch, and that"s how they make money, SO this site that you just show maybe true. For example AMAZON: they buy like 40 ipod touch from apple for about 100$ each cause you buying not one its 40 ipods, maybe its true, I hope if its works tell us here.

I'm sorry, but what did you just say?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma

Bull. Apple contracts the whole iPod from china; they do not build any themselves.

Amazon doesn't get to buy with that kind of discount. Do you have any proof of that?

The site is an outright scam. There are a bunch of icons on the bottom of the page, including BizRate, but they are just images, not links. There is no way to buy a real iPod 4th Gen at that kind of price unless it is stolen. Stick to legit sites that sell real products. The site promotes iPod Touch 4G as an iPhone 4 without the phone, which is a flat out lie. If you want to lose your money, that's your choice, but don't come back here complaining that you were scammed.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
why do these threads get made? are people really that stupid as to think a 300 dollar product which came out mere months ago being sold for under 100 dollars is legit?

Have common sense, and stop posting this crap here.

jj4

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
I wish iPod Touches were 100 bucks. In Aus, the 8gb iPod Touch 4g is $289, the 32gb is $389, and the 64gb is $499.

militaryman911

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2008
why do these threads get made? are people really that stupid as to think a 300 dollar product which came out mere months ago being sold for under 100 dollars is legit?

Have common sense, and stop posting this crap here.

Calm down. Occasionally there legit deals on things that seem almost too good to be true. I didn't think this one was, but what's the harm in making sure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.