Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
After deleting songs from iTunes then syncing iPod, the songs wont delete from my iPod. Anybody have this problem and how can i fix it?
iTunes is the latest update im using.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
No, just trying to delete songs that i dont want. Cant figure out why iTunes wont delete them from the iPod when i plug it in after i delete them from my music section.

Relg3!

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
In the floor.
A bit stumped honestly.
Try deleting them again and say yes to the Recycle Bin/Trash question so it throws the song away.

You can always delete them manually. Like through the iTunes folder.

Also, were these songs bought from iTunes? If so does it want to retransfer from the iPhone?

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
A bit stumped honestly.
Try deleting them again and say yes to the Recycle Bin/Trash question so it throws the song away.

You can always delete them manually. Like through the iTunes folder.

Also, were these songs bought from iTunes? If so does it want to retransfer from the iPhone?

Some were, some wrent. But ive always deleted songs my phone and older iPod the way im doing it. Just isnt working on the new iPod.

Ill try it again

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I just always delete them from the device itself but I've always just managed my iPods manually. May not be the answer you were looking for but it is worth a shot to get the job done. :D

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
This happened on my iPhone, but slightly different, I have a whole album that must have been moved on my computer, because iTunes cannot find the songs anymore, but yet the songs remain on my iPhone despite several syncs.

You could check for duplicates?

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Hmm, how do you delete them from the device?

Sorry for the confusion. I don't mean deleting the song directly from the device I meant deleting a song from the iPod once it is connected to iTunes.

The way I do it is to change iTunes to Manually-Sync instead of Auto-Sync. Then when I connect my device it will show up on the left hand side of iTunes (Drucifer's iPod) then I just click on it and go to the songs. Then to delete them I just find the song(s) I want to delete select them and hit the delete key or right click then select delete/move to trash. :D

Relg3!

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
In the floor.
Sorry for the confusion. I don't mean deleting the song directly from the device I meant deleting a song from the iPod once it is connected to iTunes.

The way I do it is to change iTunes to Manually-Sync instead of Auto-Sync. Then when I connect my device it will show up on the left hand side of iTunes (Drucifer's iPod) then I just click on it and go to the songs. Then to delete them I just find the song(s) I want to delete select them and hit the delete key or right click then select delete/move to trash. :D

Sounds right to me. The other way would be to use edit>delete

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Correct and thats what i do but then i was having a problem of them not deleting from the iPod after syncing it afterwards. I have since sorted it out.

Thanks to those who responded.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
try at first not to sync any songs (erase them from the IPOD only) and syncing them again, and if the problem persists then add the songs you want to add to a playlist and sync only the playlist to your iPod's music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.