Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boereman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Hi all,

Recently I washed my iPhone 4 in the washing machine and then proceeded to tumble dry it...

The phone starts up and runs fine for a while but at random times it will restart and all will be fine for a couple of minutes. The longest Ive had it run without a restart is around half an hour...

The phone is as good as new when it starts except it wont launch any installed apps.

Any ideas if it is ios that is corrupt and needs to be restored or if it is really a hardware issue..

Thanks

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Not dry yet, put it back in the dryer. :rolleyes:

No seriously look up the rice trick and turn off the phone right now. You have a small chance to bring the phone back.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
I have repaired hundreds of water damaged iPhones. a big percentage required a new battery (not sure why), dock connector, and the backlight on the lcd goes bad. the biggest problem I am seeing now is people dont have any patience. they are charging the phones and trying to use them after they have been in rice for just a few hours. the rice trick will not work unless done properly. you need to completely take apart the phone and put every piece in the rice for a few days not hours!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.