Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks to the uk vat increase.... Not a massive increase but it sucks. Stores still down but the actual air page states the new price. So this means the MacBook base model will be the same price I guess.

Think I may buy the base air, there's a new financial option with 0% apr which is what u did for my mbp (helped since I'm a student)

Edit: store back online

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
But think of all the great new things your govt can do with more of your money

Just paid $948 usd otd for a base 11"

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
If you're a UK student don't forget to use one of the many Education stores/discounts (it depends on what kind of student you are - HE is the best discount)

It sucks though. They actually went down around 11, just as I was trying to get my order in for an Air before midnight. Now I'm wondering if its a sign to hold off...

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
But think of all the great new things your govt can do with more of your money

Just paid $948 usd otd for a base 11"

Yeah like buying 3rd homes and cleaning out their giant gardens and claiming expenses on mars bars (that actually happend btw as insanely sarcastic as it sounds)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
If you're a UK student don't forget to use one of the many Education stores/discounts (it depends on what kind of student you are - HE is the best discount)

It sucks though. They actually went down around 11, just as I was trying to get my order in for an Air before midnight. Now I'm wondering if its a sign to hold off...

Expect more people flying to the US or Hong Kong and "smuggling" electronics back to the UK.

Does the price increase solely represent the increase in VAT, or did Apple also use it as an opportunity to "adjust" the base cost?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.