Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billroger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I have 3 folders of pictures on my PC and I want to upload them to my IPAD and keep them in the same folders. IPAD puts everything in the "saved photos" section. How do I make separate foldes on the IPAD??

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I have 3 folders of pictures onm my PC and I want to upload them to my IPAD and keep them in the same folders. IPAD puts everything in the "saved photos" section. How do I make separate foldes on the IPAD??

Have you organized them on iPhoto?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't get it. When you set up your sync in iTunes you check the folders on your PC that you want to transfer to the iPad and it keeps the photos in those same folders. I don't know why it would be putting them in Saved Photos.

JulesJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
London UK
I did exactly that but they all ended up together and not in separate folders either. How do I utilise iPhoto folders when loading them onto th iPad? As far as I remember when I synced on my Mac, in the Photos section pre syncing it just asked me to check the photo folders that I wanted to load, I didn't see any reference to iPhoto I don't think. I tried from a PC as well and similarly checked a few folders and the similarly ended up all in one big folder on the iPad. Where and I going wrong?
Jules

I don't get it. When you set up your sync in iTunes you check the folders on your PC that you want to transfer to the iPad and it keeps the photos in those same folders. I don't know why it would be putting them in Saved Photos.

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
Strange, it should, as others have said, sync straight onto the iPad separated into the same folders. Does it on mine, don't what's going wrong :confused:

LAnMarc

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Adelaide South Australia
In the Photos app on the iPad,are you looking at the "Photos" tab, or the "Albums" tab?
The "Albums" tab should show the folders that were synchronized, along with a "Saved Photos" folder.
The "Photos" tab shows all photos!

JulesJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
London UK
Ash! Thank you LAnMarc, stupid me. I hadn't noticed the different ways of viewing. Excellent!
While I'm here perhaps you could help me with another small problem that I literally just encountered whilst registering on this site, and have had before. It was when faced with the rules and regs that I had to Agree with by checking the box before being allowed to join. The Rules appeared in a separate window in the middle of the screen, only the top say twent lines showing. How on earth does one scroll the text down to read it, without scrolling the whole page down, if you see what I mean. I just checked the Agree box which was at the bottom and outside the box, but no way could I read all the terms.
Jules

In the Photos app on the iPad,are you looking at the "Photos" tab, or the "Albums" tab?
The "Albums" tab should show the folders that were synchronized, along with a "Saved Photos" folder.
The "Photos" tab shows all photos!

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
Ash! Thank you LAnMarc, stupid me. I hadn't noticed the different ways of viewing. Excellent!
While I'm here perhaps you could help me with another small problem that I literally just encountered whilst registering on this site, and have had before. It was when faced with the rules and regs that I had to Agree with by checking the box before being allowed to join. The Rules appeared in a separate window in the middle of the screen, only the top say twent lines showing. How on earth does one scroll the text down to read it, without scrolling the whole page down, if you see what I mean. I just checked the Agree box which was at the bottom and outside the box, but no way could I read all the terms.
Jules

To scroll within a web page, simply use two fingers :) I know, the iPad totally needs a manual ;)

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Another thing to remember (Built in iPad limitation) you cannot have subfolders on the iPad

So, for example if you wanted to have one folder called Holidays, then you could not have Spain 2005, Malta 2006, USA 2006

Or other such things.

Perhaps they will hopefully remove this programmed in limitation soon.

I don't know what happens if you get lots and lots of folders on the iPad in it's root directory (as it were)

JulesJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
London UK
Thanks a lot for that, yes a manual would be good, they seem to be a thing of the past now. Too expensive to print I guess and too time consuming to produce I suppose.
Jules

To scroll within a web page, simply use two fingers :) I know, the iPad totally needs a manual ;)

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Thanks a lot for that, yes a manual would be good, they seem to be a thing of the past now. Too expensive to print I guess and too time consuming to produce I suppose.
Jules

Jules,

There is a free user guide available via ibooks called, "iPad User Guide". It's in the reference section.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I use iTunes to sync Photo ALBUMS from iPhoto onto my iPad.

In iPhoto create a new ALBUM .... load the images you want in one 'folder' into that ALBUM.

Then tell iTunes to sync the ALBUM and those photos you put into that ALBUM on your computer will be in that album on your iPad.

This of course assumes the use of iPhoto!

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Jules

Well no, apparently not.

If you recall, when we all ask why eBooks cost the same as real physical books they tell us that virtually all the costs in producing the book is in it's creation of the information.

The printing and distribution or a physical book, they have been telling us over and over again recently is minimal and almost nothing.

Hence how they justify their eBook pricing levels.

So, no, books (according to them) are not too expensive to print, and it's a shame we don't get one with every device sold.

mikegayle

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Hi.Check out "Photo Folder" app which allows you to create folders & sub folders.Additionally it allows you to Filter photos based on keywords contained within an image’s metadata, by rating or by a favorite.You can also manually arrange the order of photos using name, date, size or rating

photofolderapp[dot]com

:)

Last edited:

freddie1

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Loading photos onto seperate folders

My problem my be unique. I have numerous pictures on my C Drive on different days. I want to load one day on a folder and another day in a different folder onto my iPad. When I try this it will not go to the second folder but instead takes pictures from the first folder and deletes them and loads those. Sound confusing??? I hope someone out there can HELP. Please.

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.