Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Anyone have a solution to use the iPad to edit the description field in a eBay listing.

With Safari clicking in the description field when editing an active listing does not bring up the keyboard/cursor.

Tried icab mobile using different ID browser strings without success as well.

Anyone find a way to use the iPad to edit an eBay listing?

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks, but it looks like it costs $5, is there no way to edit auction descriptions using a browser on the iPad?

galacticvoyager

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
This is a stunning omission by eBay and Apple

It would seem that editing eBay listings on an iPad would be an obvious application for thousands of users. In reality, you cannot edit an item description using the eBay web site. I don't know if the problem is with eBay or apple but it doesn't work.

The eBay for iPad app seems to be useless for sellers and the GarageSale app which supposedly solves the problem, has gotten terrible reviews.

eBay/Apple need to plug this obvious hole. I have been a Mac user since 1984, I love my iPad and I am a top rated eBay seller but this is an embarrassment for both companies.

:mad:

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
top-rated also. for unavoidable, on-the-go edits, i use mercury browser (set to identify the browser as IE 8). it is not ideal by any means - but if you just need to edit a line of text, it works. really wish there was something more practical, i am sure there is a huge demand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.