Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I would like a 64 GB version iPhone.
smileyhappy.ico

Same here. With all these games coming out that are over 500mb, Apple should definitely consider going that route. It only works to their advantage as more space could lead to more impulse purchases. And I think if they want to take gaming seriously, they should up the screen to at least 4" and put in a better graphics processor. The current screen, while perfect for some, is just too small for me.

andrew086

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
what? 1920 x 1280? people complain about 1650 x 1050 on the 15" MacBook Pro making text look too small... why would you need quality that high?

jakie8

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2010
Holy crap

I'd like to be able to turn on/off blue tooth a little easier..

you have to tap settings, then tap general, then instead of being able to turn on/off bluetooth, you have to click on it one more time, then you can turn it on or off..

it's gets very annoying..

is it that hard to set something up like jailbroken phones have the SB settings ???

anyone know why they make it so long when they could easily make it simple and fast?

Automator app would be sick. Just like apps developed support for multitasking, they'd have to develop support for automator, if not such a thing can already be applied.

Apple would be stupid for making things simple and fast, they milk each product/update for its worth, but if you really think about it, Apple upgrades their product line continuously, and almost systematically. All products are looped through major upgrades before it goes back to the first one, its great because its exciting to see the beautiful things they create. Plus as a developer and consumor, its like christmas six times a year.

what? 1920 x 1280? people complain about 1650 x 1050 on the 15" MacBook Pro making text look too small... why would you need quality that high?

the iPhone 4's resolution is more dense than the human eye can perceive, making this the only device ever to achieve the clearest picture (on a device this size) in history. Done. Making it have a higher resolution would be superfluous because it would not seem any different to us than the iPhone 4. Only purpose I could see it serving is for the camera, but its going to get to the point where people are going to be pissed off paying more money for something on a product that doesn't have to cost you $100 extra, you know?

Last edited:

silversin

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
not much:

- iOS5 with a better notification system
- New ARM Cortex A9 based CPU + GPU
- a slightly different design

and I love the live wallpapers Andriod has. C'mon Apple, that's not hard to develop.

gkwbrown

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
Alaska
iphone wish list

All I want is a Quad-Band or Dual Band what ever you want to call it to operate on both CDMA and GSM networks.
LTE would be nice
more memory and larger Hard drive is always appreciated.

jhill89

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
to convince me to upgrade I would like to see:

- larger screen
- improved camera
- Flash!
- improved battery life (charging every day after heavy use is not a problem but a tad annoying)
- lighter/sturdier design
- live streaming
- ability to create folders for photos on the phone
- ability to cut/paste photos into new folders
- free navigation

if it looked like this I would be pretty happy http://iphoneindia.gyanin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/iphone4g-mock.jpg

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
My requests are most, if not all, software based:
- Improved notification system (this is what I want, shameless plug)
- Improved lockscreen
- Custom SMS sounds
- Landscape Homescreen (with orientation lock option)
- Homescreen toggles for WiFi, Airpane Mode, etc.
- Some sort of Navigation app equivalent to Google Navigation

Essentially I guess just have some Android flare with the polish of iOS.

jhill89

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
My requests are most, if not all, software based:
- Improved notification system (this is what I want, shameless plug)
- Improved lockscreen
- Custom SMS sounds
- Landscape Homescreen (with orientation lock option)
- Homescreen toggles for WiFi, Airpane Mode, etc.
- Some sort of Navigation app equivalent to Google Navigation

Essentially I guess just have some Android flare with the polish of iOS.

It may be a shameless plug but it's a great idea! :)

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
I'm expecting another round of incremental improvements.

This is my guess...

1) A best-in-class notification stack
2) A new file-soup solution allowing apps to push and pull files from a cloud-synced file-collection. Expect a desktop client for this too.
3) Some new multi-tasking APIs - including the ability for an app to modify its icon.

and for the wild card..

4) The first (small) appearance of some Siri "assistant" functionality. With Siri, there will be the potential to find things, and do things, without search engines. It has the potential to be the Google killer.

C.

ssampath

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Hardware -
* Same size phone
* Larger display with edge to edge LCD
* Dual core iPad 2 processor

Software - I guess most of these will come with i0S 5?
* Better non-intrusive notifications system
* Lock screen with mail/calendar/weather/missed call etc. preview
* Free mobile-me to sync phone and update phone over the network
* Facetime over 3G is a must!

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
wrong. I got near everything I wanted for Christmas. my wishlist was just realistic. I didn't get the $50,000 car for my 16th birthday or Christmas, I got a used one but still a nice acura. I didn't ask for a PS3, Xbox 360, AND Wii. I knew (and know) what is logical and where to draw the line.

and finger scanner on a phone is too much. some things were fine, like the better camera and flash. but you need to know where to draw the line

it is my personal opinion that anyone who is still in school should work for what they want, at least that is how I have always done it. I'm not really here to rag on you, just stating my own opinion.

as for a wishlist all that I'd want has been mentioned here.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
to convince me to upgrade I would like to see:

- larger screen
- improved camera
- Flash!
- improved battery life (charging every day after heavy use is not a problem but a tad annoying)
- lighter/sturdier design
- live streaming
- ability to create folders for photos on the phone
- ability to cut/paste photos into new folders
- free navigation

if it looked like this I would be pretty happy http://iphoneindia.gyanin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/iphone4g-mock.jpg
I say again, this is one sweet mockup:
iphone4g-mock.jpg

pgyanke

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Mail

I'd be happy if they simply include separate email signatures for separate email boxes. It's been a royal pain to either delete my work information from my personal emails or add my work information at other times. This doesn't seem like it should be that hard!:rolleyes:

pgyanke

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Profiles

Saw someone else's wish for separate profiles... I agree! With all of the kid games/educational stuff out there, it would be great to hand my child an iPod on airplane mode (that they can't easily change) rather than a business tool with all of my contacts at their fingertips!

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
the Verizon phone with a sim card so you can use it outside the country like I can with my Blackberry!

zacktemple

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
my wish list

first of all sorry for bad spelling.
this is my expectations/wishlist for the iphone 5
-8 megapixel camera
-hd front facing camera
-A5 1GHz dual-core chip
-some changes to design
-7.5mm depth
-4" display
-better battery life (average 1 extra hour on all battery specs)
-external keyboard (dont think it will happen but would be nice)
-3d screen (doubtfull for the iphone 5 but hopefully soon)
-death grip fix
-live wallpaper (seen it on jailbroken ipads and it looks amazing)

-im deffinately not expecting apple to do all of the things in my list on the iphone 5 but it would be nice

P.S. i dont think apple will release the iphone later than usual.
(it would affect sales, alot of people update there phones around this time and personally i would have a hard time waiting any longer)

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
Are there any confirmed leaks (or even semi-confirmed)? Guessing is fun and hoping is too, but I like it when a "iphone in a bar" incident pops up.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
  • Updated notification system (I prefer Android's)
  • Greater customization of alert tones
  • Swype-styled input option
  • Voice translation input option
  • 4" screen
  • Expanded bluetooth capabilities (e.g., contact list exportation)
  • Improved battery life
  • Option for vertical scrolling of home screen(s)
  • Remove folder app# limitation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.