Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rmeza707

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
I order it last sunday. Apple shipped it out on Monday I is still not here. It was suppose to be a 2 day delivery. Ups tracking says it's been in Atlanta for 4 days already. I contacted apple today and there goning to send me a replacement and next day delivery. I checked my order status and it says delivery time is Jan. 19-24. With a 24 hrs. Process time even though it's suppose to be next day delivery. Could that be right. Has anyone else had there package lost?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Once the machine has shipped your machine is in the hands of the shipper. Check your order for who your shipper is and they can help locate it. Do products get lost in shipping, yes. Is it common, of course not! You just won the "my package was lost lottery" that's all.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I just had USPS deliver a package to me that isn't mine. It went to CA from NY, then doubled back to my porch in MO.

Stuff just happens.

Rmeza707

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
I call ups they said they could not tell me what could have happen. That maybe it could be late. They told me in order to file lost claim I would have to contact the sender. That's when I call apple. They told me there going to file a claim and ship me another one. I just got an email from apple that is had been shipped. I check and yes fedex picked it up with tomorrow being the delivery date. So will see what happens. Glad I bought it from apple who knows what will have happen if I had bought it from amazon or Mac mall like I originally had plan to save some money.

shollingsw3

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2007
Sounds like your package got caught up in the massive ice/snow storm that hit Atlanta last week and shut the entire city (and just about every logistics company) down. The timeline seems about right as it took UPS until last Thursday and Friday to get back to normal operations at their hub and their other distribution centers. So it may be that your package was lost/misplaced during that whole event and due to the severity of the storm and the impact it had on logistics I am sure you weren't the only one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.