Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoLife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
I posted this in the hacks sections because my phone is jailbroke and i was wondering if anyone around here could help me. I figure you guys would have more experience than the people in the non jailbreak section.
Anyway, a couple of days ago I noticed that my phone wouldn't ring when someone called me. I tried to turn up the volume and noticed that my buttons don't work either. I had bitesms so I would use them to compose messages in the lock screen and that won't work. I tested my speakers out and they work fine when playing music or anything. I checked all my setting all my volume is turned up and everything but no noise. No noise when someone calls, no keyboard clicks, no lock sound. I switch the ringer switch and no vibrate no nothing. It's like my phone doesn't even read the buttons or the switch.
So my question is is there a fix? Could this be jailbreak related? (I deleted almost everything in cydia trying each program one by one and nothing) Or do you think this is hardware related? I haven't restored my phone quiet yet hoping to find a fix on here before doing that, although that is my next step. Anyways thanks much in advance, I have tried to google this and Mrgoogle it and nothing. Thanks for all your help and everything you guys do.
Iphone 4, 4.0

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
srry sounds like a trip to Apple to me. if it's a hardware issue they will swap your phone. no telling what IOS or baseband you will get back. good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.