Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerd123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to say, for anyone that wants to know, Bioshock runs really well natively on my 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86GHz, 4GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. It is very smooth although I do not know exactly what the frame rate is.

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Just wanted to say, for anyone that wants to know, Bioshock runs really well natively on my 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86GHz, 4GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. It is very smooth although I do not know exactly what the frame rate is.

I totally agree with you! I did some tests and found at native res at high settings it ran 25-30Fps, at 1024X768 it ran in the 50Fps range! Bioshock 2 also runs great!

PS: My macbook air is the stock 13inch 2gb ram.

Chris-MBA

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Thanks

Thanks guys, this is exactly the info I was looking for before buying BioShock. Loved this game for the 360, can't wait to see how well it looks on here...

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Is this Mac native or through Windows? I see BioShock in the MAS and was thinking about purchasing it myself

mariocapo

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2009
Las Vegas
I played a lot of it on the 360 but I'd still consider buying this game if it was more reasonably priced. Why do these developers think these prices on older games makes any sense? $20 at most is what these are worth nowadays. I said the same about COD 4 being $50. I picked up Black Ops on the 360 off Amazon's gold box today for $40 and the PC version was only $30. And we're talking retail box and disc there.

Still though, I'm glad to hear the Air runs it well!

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
I played a lot of it on the 360 but I'd still consider buying this game if it was more reasonably priced. Why do these developers think these prices on older games makes any sense? $20 at most is what these are worth nowadays. I said the same about COD 4 being $50. I picked up Black Ops on the 360 off Amazon's gold box today for $40 and the PC version was only $30. And we're talking retail box and disc there.

A little off-topic, but in my opinion, I wouldn't mind shelling out $40-50 for COD4 even now. In my opinion, it's one of, if not the best FPS PC game, in the last 5 or so years. And this is coming from someone who used to play Halo PC competitively.

naujoks

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
London, UK

Why don't you just buy it off eBay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.