Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrweaver

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Hi I have been searching for an answer for this question for a while now and I cannot seem to get an correct answer.

In the mac app store how can I tell how many computers I can install an application on.

For example I want to buy pixelmator. I have a macbook pro, imac and macbook air. Can I install it on all 3 or just one.

Also how can I know this before I buy a program so I can put it on the computer I will would choose for it to be on?

davids8477

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Hi I have been searching for an answer for this question for a while now and I cannot seem to get an correct answer.

In the mac app store how can I tell how many computers I can install an application on.

For example I want to buy pixelmator. I have a macbook pro, imac and macbook air. Can I install it on all 3 or just one.

Also how can I know this before I buy a program so I can put it on the computer I will would choose for it to be on?

Since you can authorize up to 5 computers with you Itunes account, that would be the limit
I guess.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Just like a song or app on iTunes, you can "authorize" your account on up to 5 computers. As long as all 3 of your macs are using the same account, you should be able to download it on all 3.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
I believe, that as long as they are all using the same iTunes account, you can install it on all of them.

That is correct. You can install apps from the Mac app store on unlimited computers. You'll just have to make sure you are signed in to your iTunes account.

When you made your first purchase, the terms and conditions page says this "You may download and use an application from the Mac App Store for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X that you own or control."

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.