Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Currently watching - Unstoppable movie.
Nice action movie and great screen shots in this movie. I like to watch Denzel Washington movies and having almost collection of his movies. One of the best movie in this recent year.

It is on my list to rent. :)

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I'm going to re-watch Die You Zombie Bastards with my boyfriend tonight. It's the best worst most disturbing WTF zombie movie ever. :D Also we're going to do a drinking game. We're going to drink every time something disturbing happens. This should be fun. :p

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Salt- Twisty-turny, solid action, espionage thriller, ultimately unsettling and unsatisfying.
It's hard to have empathy for a bad character whose actions are based on revenge

Last edited:

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
good thread as i'm burning through netflix.

100 feet - good ghost movie with a hot lead actress
Visioneers - odd dark comedy
Paranormal Activity - lame, skip it. a total of about 5 minutes of action in it
(Untitled) - hilarious. funny if you like adam goldberg

mantis01

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
I watched Legend of guardians last day. I never thought I would see a computer animated feature film with as much attention to perfection as a Pixar film in my lifetime. This movie was it. Just amazing!

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Watched - Inglorious Basterds. Great movie, however there was some disturbing scenes in it for me. Would watch again, I didn't know there was going to be alot of subtitles in this movie. I bought it as a blind buy, but it was worth it!

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
I saw "The Social Network" and "Predators". Both decent. I was surprised at Predators. It was a good popcorn flick and Adrien Brody was hot in it.:eek:

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
I just enjoyed watching HEAT again. IMO a great drama/action flick, and I LOVE that the short action scenes sound right, with the guns being deafening with their metallic clanks.

agree those gun battles are the best in any movie probably:)

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I saw "The Social Network" and "Predators". Both decent. I was surprised at Predators. It was a good popcorn flick and Adrien Brody was hot in it.:eek:

I was really surprised with Predators as well. To be honest, I didnt think I would even finish the movie, just going by how awful some of these sequel-type movies are, but it was entertaining.

The Social Network was awesome!

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
The last few movies I saw, in no particular order:

Takers - 3.5 :apple:'s (very surprised with the movie)

Vanishing on 7th St - 1.5 :apple: (like Takers, I was surprised, but in the wrong way)

Stone - 2 :apple:'s (How can De Niro and Norton make such a bad movie)

Shaun of the Dead - 4 :apple:'s (always great for a laugh)

Secretariat - 3 :apple:'s (Seabiscuit was SO much better)

Buried - 3.5 :apple:'s (wouldnt think that a movie consisting of one actor the whole time would be that good)

The Town - 4 :apple:'s (not a big Affleck fan, but boy was this movie AWESOME, including his performance)

Restrepo - 4 :apple:'s (great insight into what hell seems to be like)

My scale goes from 1 to 5 :apple:s. I just popped in Star Trek, with Chris Pine. I have seen it four times already, but I got a killer deal for the bluray version of it (only paid 5 euros for it). Been eager to see it on my 46" LED tv.

jackamla

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
I am watching movie Green Zone, A gritty thriller about the end of the war in Iraq in 2003, when Shock and Awe as a carpet covering Baghdad Green Zone tells a great story now familiar with a new twist to the war marked by idealism, control and politics. Matt Damon is Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller is an idealist, whose quest to find weapons of mass destruction and to save lives change when they must make a choice to follow orders and his own instincts.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I am watching movie Green Zone, A gritty thriller about the end of the war in Iraq in 2003, when Shock and Awe as a carpet covering Baghdad Green Zone tells a great story now familiar with a new twist to the war marked by idealism, control and politics. Matt Damon is Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller is an idealist, whose quest to find weapons of mass destruction and to save lives change when they must make a choice to follow orders and his own instincts.

I watched this a few months back. I was pleasantly surprised.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
The last few movies I saw, in no particular order:

Takers - 3.5 :apple:'s (very surprised with the movie)

Vanishing on 7th St - 1.5 :apple: (like Takers, I was surprised, but in the wrong way)

Stone - 2 :apple:'s (How can De Niro and Norton make such a bad movie)

Shaun of the Dead - 4 :apple:'s (always great for a laugh)

Secretariat - 3 :apple:'s (Seabiscuit was SO much better)

Buried - 3.5 :apple:'s (wouldnt think that a movie consisting of one actor the whole time would be that good)

The Town - 4 :apple:'s (not a big Affleck fan, but boy was this movie AWESOME, including his performance)

Restrepo - 4 :apple:'s (great insight into what hell seems to be like)

My scale goes from 1 to 5 :apple:s. I just popped in Star Trek, with Chris Pine. I have seen it four times already, but I got a killer deal for the bluray version of it (only paid 5 euros for it). Been eager to see it on my 46" LED tv.

Re: The Town, Buried, and Takers. Agree on all points. I blind-bought Taker's and was more than pleasantly surprised. Affleck completely surprised me with the Town, both acting and directing, and Buried was a new type of movie for me (with one actor on screen), but I enjoyed it.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
The Losers. It was ehh

Plenty of Zoe Saldana. Only reason I watched.

How nice was that scene with her fighting in the fire? She's so sexy. Not to mention the underarm rocket launcher from the top of the shipping crate in the last scene.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
The King's Speech- surprisingly good human interest story. I would not be surprised if Colin Firth won Best Actor and Geoffrey Rush Best Supporting Actor. Warning, this is not an action movie. :)

As someone who suffered from a crippling stammer myself, I found the film, and Colin Firth's performance, very perceptive, very sensitive and very moving. Well worth several awards.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As someone who suffered from a crippling stammer myself, I found the film, and Colin Firth's performance, very perceptive, very sensitive and very moving. Well worth several awards.

I've read and it was mentioned in the movie, that if you are left handed and forced to write with your right hand, a stammer can develop. My Dad was forced to write with his right hand although he is left handed, but fortunately he did not develop a stutter. I am left handed but by the time I hit school in the 60's they had given up on forcing kids to make that switch. Did you grow out of it or took therapy?

The Hurt Locker- watched tonight. Very good depiction. No one escapes war unscathed no matter how tough they are.

Regarding the Hurt Locker's primary character who do you view him? He was fearless but reckless. Maybe that was the only way he could function in such an environment?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.