Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

facebookvupload

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
It does not have scientific functions but for basic calculations this one is the best.

mzl.upboksoc.480x480-75.jpg

App Store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icalculator-hd/id366939295?mt=8

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^ the OP's is ugly. I have Calculator XL. It is ugly but functional. I'm only using it for quite computations.

keriah

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
Digits Calculator

I was looking for a calculator that has a 'tape' (that could be saved/shared) and found this one. Not only does it have a tape but also claims to be "correctable". Has anyone tried it?

"Digits Calculator for iPad + iPhone"
http://www.shift-apps.com/

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Pcalc is awesome. Tons of features, customizable, it's a true geek's calculator. RPN option too!

bobjamin

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
Best calculator app for ipad

I have just created a very versatile calculator app that will be perfect for professionals and more basic users. Its called Calculator+- on the iPad appStore. Get it here!

It has a natural style display with fractions and mixed fractions. It also allows you to Differentiate, Integrate and Sum functions of X numerically. (Soon Analytically too!)

Includes all trigonometric functions packaged away into a scrollable interface thats very simple to use, roots, powers, logs, abs, factorial, percent.

Stores a full list of mathematical constants and conversions.

calco.png

Please review.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Wow, it's sad to see this thread degenerate into a spam thread (then again, many app threads tend to be spams).

Anyway, as gks said earlier, the best calculator app for iPad, bar none, is Soulver ($5.99 USD). It may not look fancy in screenshot but it is immensely powerful yet easy to use.

If you are looking for fancy looking calculator, Calcbot ($1.99 USD) is worth a look.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am looking for the best calc app for my new ipad mini.
Help much appreciated.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.