Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sacred

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
I've been looking at the mobileme package offered by apple and it seems really good I've been needing a professional sounding email for my CV and for networking so am outgrowing my hotmail.com one that I made when I was 13. My brother already uses this paying £60 a year for another £30 we can upgrade to a family account which is great as costs us both less in the long run.

However will I be able to get a .mac address or am I forced into using the awful narcissistic .me email addresses as if thats the case I would rather not bother. I dont want the email address on my CV to say .me as it sounds like I'm full of my own importance.

Oh and my brothers email address is .mac if that makes any difference?

Thanks guys :)

Sacred

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Thats such a shame :( .me has no class at all don't know what Apple were thinking when they dreamed that one up! :eek:
Guess I'll pass on getting a mobileme account, does anyone know of a similer email package that offers a more professional sounding email address?

PurpleMarmalade

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Google Apps with your own domain name would be my suggestion - that's what I use. My email address is firstname@firstnamelastname.com. It uses Gmail, but I also know that if/when Gmail goes under in 20/30/X years, I can transfer the address to the email provider du jour. As far as these things can be foreseeable, it will be my email address until I die.

Otherwise, firstname.lastname@gmail (or some close variant) sounds professional. Fastmail.fm also has a great reputation for service.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
@PurpleMarmalade: You can also make gmail receive/send seamless with your MobileMe account, if that was useful to you. It's under settings in MobileMe on the web.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.