Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
Adds a new features and uses less memory and less CPU.
New features include ability to open/use Default/AppStore apps from Lockscreen!

For me this is a big plus, we can now add quick gestures to open the Camera app quickly on Lockscreen, no need to buy 3rd party Cydia apps to get same feature.

Also can set up whatever flashlight app you have to open up quickly on lockscreen too.
Typing this from my phone so my post is not as comprehensive as would have liked.

Great update!

IMADV8

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
Look for SpringFlash in Cydia. It'll let you use Activator to turn on the LED. No need for a separate flashlight app. I've got it set to turn on when I hit both volume buttons.

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Look for SpringtoFlash in Cydia. It'll let you use Activator to turn on the LED. No need for a separate flashlight app. I've got it set to turn on when I hit both volume buttons.
+1 SpringFlash is an excellent add-on. It comes in handy a lot more than I thought it would.

Last edited:

crovian

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Look for SpringtoFlash in Cydia. It'll let you use Activator to turn on the LED. No need for a separate flashlight app. I've got it set to turn on when I hit both volume buttons.

do you mean springflash?

if so, I installed that but it doesn't work when the phone is asleep.
I set holding down volume button anywhere in activator to initiate springflash but it doesn't work when my phone's asleep.

definitely needs an update to include usage when the phone is in sleep.

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California

Thanks, just checked it out in Cydia, funny, for some reason I always thought it was a paid app.

Anyhow, I already have a great flashlight app that I got free from the Appstore with a beautifully designed interface and strobe feature but thanks for the tip!

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Now I can access my Camera and Flashlight from the lockscreen!

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
I can't seem to get the camera to activate on the lockscreen. I'm trying to use the "hold status bar" gesture but it only seems to work on the homescreen.

When I go under "At Lock Screen" there's no option to select the Camera app. If I go under "Anywhere" it's there but only works on the homescreen. I'm sure there's an easy way to do this and I'm just missing it. Would anyone help? :)

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
I can't seem to get the camera to activate on the lockscreen. I'm trying to use the "hold status bar" gesture but it only seems to work on the homescreen.

When I go under "At Lock Screen" there's no option to select the Camera app. If I go under "Anywhere" it's there but only works on the homescreen. I'm sure there's an easy way to do this and I'm just missing it. Would anyone help? :)
Do you have the new Activator v1.5.0 updated today?

What you're describing is the same issue I had previous to this new version.

Hmm, just tried "hold Statusbar" on Lockscreen to open Camera app and it works.

With the new version, under "At Lock Screen" there now is option to select Camera and other apps.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Do you have the new Activator v1.5.0 updated today?

What you're describing is the same issue I had previous to this new version.

Hmm, just tried "hold Statusbar" on Lockscreen to open Camera app and it works.

With the new version, under "At Lock Screen" there now is option to select Camera and other apps.

Yes, I have version 1.5 and for some reason the System Apps don't show up if I go through the "At Lock Screen" menu. I can get the apps to show up in the "At Home Screen" and "Anywhere" menus.

I just reinstalled it and it's the same thing. Is it because my phone is using 4.1 and not 4.2?

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
Yes, I have version 1.5 and for some reason the System Apps don't show up if I go through the "At Lock Screen" menu. I can get the apps to show up in the "At Home Screen" and "Anywhere" menus.

I just reinstalled it and it's the same thing. Is it because my phone is using 4.1 and not 4.2?

Hmm, in the change log it does say added support for 4.2 but I'm on 4.0.1 (iPhone 4) and it works for me. 4.1 should work fine as well.

When I was on the previous version I had the same scenario as you where I could see the Default/Appstore apps in the "Anyehere" menu but still could not access those apps on the Lockscreen. Also I was not able to see those apps in the "At Lock Screen" menu.

I thought maybe a reinstall would fix the issue for you but you already did that, I don't know what else to think of?

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
Does anyone else have an issue where if you use gesture from the lockscreen while phone is asleep and aftewards go to homescreen, the status bar clock is missing.

Putting phone to sleep and entering homescreen again brings back the clock.

Last edited:

choice

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

+1 iPhone 4, 4.1

Same problem here. I don't believe it can be done.

Brownski

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010

I'm having this exact issue. What other JB apps/tweaks do you have installed? Maybe we can sort it out between the two of us.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
I'm having this exact issue. What other JB apps/tweaks do you have installed? Maybe we can sort it out between the two of us.

Going down the list in Cydia (leaving out toggles, fonts and themes)...

Activator (of course) :)
AppInfo
biteSMS
BytaFont
DefaultFlashOff
FakeClockUp
file:// for MobileSafari
iFile
Lockscreen Clock Hide
My3G
OpenSSH
PrivaCy
Remove Background
SBsettings
SnapTap
WinterBoard

Activator 1.5.1 was released but didn't help with our problem.

Brownski

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
Ok, figured out my issue at least: if you have a passcode lock, you can't launch apps from the lock screen. I disabled that and was able to set my camera to launch at the LS.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ok, figured out my issue at least: if you have a passcode lock, you can't launch apps from the lock screen. I disabled that and was able to set my camera to launch at the LS.

Yep, that's the same thing I discovered. If you disable the passcode, you can assign the actions to the default apps. Once you turn it back on, it disables the ability to launch those apps. I hope the developer will change this in a future release.

rs4

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for the heads up for the activator update and springflash.

Works well for me on 4.2.1

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009

Well that's an easy enough fix. I'm keeping my passcode lock though. [Soup Nazi voice]No lockscreen camera for me....Next![/Soup Nazi voice] :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.