Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josepablomir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Is it possible to map a MobilMe folder to a folder in a Mac OS Server to keep it in sync without human interaction?
We are a small business (very small) which is starting to use iPads in the field to access plans and corporate files from different MobilMe accounts. The problem is that keeping the info up to date in those MobilMe accounts is time demanding and is very hard to keep always every file's latest version on MobilMe.
Any solution?

Thanks,

Pablo, NJ.-

jg900ss

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Europe, and Florida
MobileMe used with SERVER

Pablo, it is definitely possible. I have a couple of servers, and I created an identical user ID on each, kept in sync via Directory Services. The IDs both have the same MobileMe account, so synching with the Apple MobileMe content I put up there (at Apple) is OK. Keep in mind, they sync with the iDisk. Unless you START the iDisk process of local mirroring on the server, everything is still just up at Apple. Then, you need to consider how to do the sync/copy between what you have locally in some separate business folder and the "local" copy of the iDisk. Something to plan. I am also using Decimus' program for remote synching called SYNK. Great product, easy to use. Check it out. There are also rsync based tools you can explore that do not cost money like SYNK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.