Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agizor

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Let us know how it looks! Just ordered my refurb 27 last Friday, going waaaay out of it's way to Kansas right now (I'm in Austin Tx). Haha, just would like to know the condition yours comes in :)

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Let us know how it looks! Just ordered my refurb 27 last Friday, going waaaay out of it's way to Kansas right now (I'm in Austin Tx). Haha, just would like to know the condition yours comes in :)

I'll chime in with mine too. Ordered yesterday. Yet to be shipped. How long did it take them to ship from when you ordered?

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
Ordered my 27" refurb 1/31/11. Shipped 2/1/11. Yet to be delivered. Tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow. Apples says Wednesday. However, fedex tracking has had in Sacramento since 2/2/11 where it still is today. I live in Central Fl. Who f-en knows.

Agizor

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
I'll chime in with mine too. Ordered yesterday. Yet to be shipped. How long did it take them to ship from when you ordered?

I ordered it on Friday around 3:30 my time. (CST) Received an email from apple at 9:00 PM that night saying it had been shipped. Tracked it as:At FedEx facility, arrival.

This morning it said departed and going to Kansas. So excited :D:D

Ordered my 27" refurb 1/31/11. Shipped 2/1/11. Yet to be delivered. Tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow. Apples says Wednesday. However, fedex tracking has had in Sacramento since 2/2/11 where it still is today. I live in Central Fl. Who f-en knows.

It will probably be there tomorrow still. My experience with UPS and FedEx is sometimes they will drop the ball with updating status, and tomorrow morning, there will be a flood of updates, the last being "Out for delivery" - Greatest thing to read ever ;)

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
I ordered it on Friday around 3:30 my time. (CST) Received an email from apple at 9:00 PM that night saying it had been shipped. Tracked it as:At FedEx facility, arrival.

It will probably be there tomorrow still. My experience with UPS and FedEx is sometimes they will drop the ball with updating status, and tomorrow morning, there will be a flood of updates, the last being "Out for delivery" - Greatest thing to read ever ;)

You're probably right. Worst thing is, lol, I'm thinking about returning it and ordering the i5 refurb if it comes available in the first 30 days. I'll pay for next day air if I do that though.

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
I dunno. I think you might find a use for the extra power. But this is coming from a guy who just ordered an i7. :)

Stop it! What are trying to do to me here?? :eek: :D

If my research is correct, the 3.2i3 should be comparable if not as fast/faster doing dual core work as the 2.x i7 sans turboboost. The little bit of quadcore work i do, should (I hope), be reasonably satisfied by hyperthreading.

Ive been a spec buyer my whole life, decided to try it a different route this time. I'll let you know what I come up with.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Stop it! What are trying to do to me here?? :eek: :D

If my research is correct, the 3.2i3 should be comparable if not as fast/faster doing dual core work as the 2.x i7 sans turboboost. The little bit of quadcore work i do, should (I hope), be reasonably satisfied by hyperthreading.

Ive been a spec buyer my whole life, decided to try it a different route this time. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Sorry man! Honestly though, I need all the horsepower I can get. This computer will be used for recording and mixing some large music scoring projects. If I didn't need it for that, I'd be perfectly happy with an i3.

You're gonna love your new machine.

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
Sorry man! Honestly though, I need all the horsepower I can get. This computer will be used for recording and mixing some large music scoring projects. If I didn't need it for that, I'd be perfectly happy with an i3.

You're gonna love your new machine.

lol. I'm learning how to program. I'll use it for that and a little PS. A little music recording but nothing beyond garage band level stuff. I think I'll be good... I hope. lol :D

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
lol. I'm learning how to program. I'll use it for that and a little PS. A little music recording but nothing beyond garage band level stuff. I think I'll be good... I hope. lol :D

If it makes you feel any better (it probably will), I can do most small recording sessions fine on my 13" MacBook Pro with a 2.4GHz Core2Duo, so you should have no problem doing small to moderate sessions with the i3, with it's higher clockspeed hyperthreading.

The MacBook Pro just kind of hits a well when my sessions hit a moderate level and I start demanding a little more from it. That's why I'm getting the Quad iMac. So I just don't need to worry about that stuff anymore.

Agizor

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

RuggedPro said:
Agizor said:

You're probably right. Worst thing is, lol, I'm thinking about returning it and ordering the i5 refurb if it comes available in the first 30 days. I'll pay for next day air if I do that though.

Let us know if it does come in today! And if so, how's it working/looking for you?! I apologize I forget if you said it was a refurb, but I'm browsing this place on my IPhone and it's kind of annoying to go find out ;)

Hoping my refurb comes functional! I hear so many great experiences, and sadly bad ones to go with them ( to be expected of course)

ArisFlackerbee

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
It came!!!!!!! I’m so happy!!! Was up until midnight last night playing. :) I’ve now got Compressor compressing my 85 project files for Apple TV format (and also to reduce the file sizes). I’ve got it running at home to which I expect to come home to it all complete.

It used to take me 12 hours to compress a 15 minute video…now I’m compressing over 6 hours of video in less than that…I can’t tell you how much I’m in heaven right now. :D :D :D

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2010
FedEx updated as one of you mentioned it would. Out for delivery as of today. Still waiting. Feel like a child looking at the door... :D

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
It came!!!!!!! I’m so happy!!! Was up until midnight last night playing. :) I’ve now got Compressor compressing my 85 project files for Apple TV format (and also to reduce the file sizes). I’ve got it running at home to which I expect to come home to it all complete.

It used to take me 12 hours to compress a 15 minute video…now I’m compressing over 6 hours of video in less than that…I can’t tell you how much I’m in heaven right now. :D :D :D

Very nice! Can't wait to feel the power of mine. Should have mine by Friday or Saturday.

Did yours come in a plain white box or a plain brown box?

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York

Another question. Did yours come with OSX 10.6.5 or 10.6.6 installed?

ArisFlackerbee

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
Did yours come in a plain white box or a plain brown box?

Came in a giant white box. Look! It was bigger than my desk! Haha. And 10.6.5 I believe.

5425873927_c40767cb8e.jpg

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Came in a giant white box. Look! It was bigger than my desk! Haha. And 10.6.5 I believe.

5425873927_c40767cb8e.jpg

Thanks for the reply and for the pic! I was hoping it came with 10.6.5. I am running .5 on my laptop right now with Pro Tools, everything is working great and I want it to be stable on the iMac as well.

solsticeviolet

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
New England
Oh god, I just did it, finally. I've been saving since August '09, and I finally ordered a new i7 iMac. I've never spent that much at once all in one place! Meeeeep! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.