Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Eh... Verizon is NOT worth it, the moment you switch to Verizon you'll lose simultaneous voice/data, lose faster 3G speeds, and possible speed caps...

But I guess these cheap plans might be more than enough to make some to make the switch...and it'll relieve AT&T's network a bit too

What's the point of your campaigning for AT&T? You sound like a broken record. AT&T is not your friend, and they'd screw you the first chance they get. But that's not even the point. I put up with the god awful experience that AT&T claims is called service for two years. I can now enjoy the iPhone for what it was meant to do -- make calls and retrieve data from the internet, which wasn't possible on AT&T. What do you gain from regurgitating the same lines over and over? Does it make you feel better about a decision you were unsure about?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't understand all the AT&T vs. Verizon slapfighting that goes on here. For me, AT&T has very good coverage in my area, so I'm happy with their service. For others, AT&T service is lousy in their area, so Verizon is likely the better choice, even with the tradeoffs (loss of voice+data, CDMA, etc.). For those people, being able to make a call is obviously more important than the other issues. So what's behind all the feuding?

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand all the AT&T vs. Verizon slapfighting that goes on here. For me, AT&T has very good coverage in my area, so I'm happy with their service. For others, AT&T service is lousy in their area, so Verizon is likely the better choice, even with the tradeoffs (loss of voice+data, CDMA, etc.). For those people, being able to make a call is obviously more important than the other issues. So what's behind all the feuding?

People that aren't content with their decisions and need constant reassurance.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
WOW!That is awesome!Wonder why verizon doesn't do it for their own employees.

It's basically a marketing move.

They don't want their employees flocking in enormous numbers to the iPhone, mainly because the perception by customers may be that the iPhone is infinitely better than any of their other offerings. That may be true, but they need to sell their androids and blackberry's too, so it needs to be perceived that employees find those phones desirable as well.

But by offering this promotion to apple employees they're hoping to gain a perception that Apple sees Verizon as the best choice between the two. Sort of like aging an unofficial Apple endorsement of their network over AT&T. If customers know, or see that Apple employees overwhelmingly use VZW, they're probably goig to gravitate to VZW because of the perception that can cause.

It's brilliant! I have to admit that, even though I'm not particularly fond of VZW.

Last edited:

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.

Exactly. I'm north of Boston and just did a speed test with my friend who's on AT&T and Verizon clearly beat him out standing right next to me. It's all about what service provider best works for you.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
There is definitely a discount on iPads now, but still no discount on iPhones. I do not work for Apple, but I work VERY close with them and I get the same discounts on their products.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
What's the point of your campaigning for AT&T? You sound like a broken record. AT&T is not your friend, and they'd screw you the first chance they get. But that's not even the point. I put up with the god awful experience that AT&T claims is called service for two years. I can now enjoy the iPhone for what it was meant to do -- make calls and retrieve data from the internet, which wasn't possible on AT&T. What do you gain from regurgitating the same lines over and over? Does it make you feel better about a decision you were unsure about?

I don't see myself as campaigning for AT&T (WTF?), I just see myself as spreading facts about the differences between carriers and how by switching to Verizon the iPhone 4 will have limitations...

If you have been putting up with AT&T for two years that is solely your problem for not switching to a carrier that suits your needs...

I don't know about you but I'm not unsure about anything, the only person who fits that criteria is you :p

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
I don't see myself as campaigning for AT&T (WTF?), I just see myself as spreading facts about the differences between carriers and how by switching to Verizon the iPhone 4 will have limitations...

If you have been putting up with AT&T for two years that is solely your problem for not switching to a carrier that suits your needs...

I don't know about you but I'm not unsure about anything, the only person who fits that criteria is you :p

you sound like a campaigner. I really do not know why you would care what someone else chooses for their provider.
I think most if not everyone knows that while on 3G with verizon you cannot do data and talk by now. So other than this, whats the reason you need to attack verizon and defend your ATT.

Your comments are like me saying your phone(3GS) sucks at text.
(My ipod touch is the same resolution.)
You should make the switch to the 4 as the lower resolution display is worse for your eyes.

dryja123

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
So Verizon is offering Apple Store employees an awesome discount...

Apple Store employees would have to buy the Verizon iPhone at retail price, so $599 or $699, but the service deal is $25 a month which includes:

1500 Minutes
Unlimited Texting
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Nights and Weekends
Unlimited Mobile to Mobile.

This makes me want to work at an Apple Store.

thats the same plan I got when I was working for the wirless department at Best Buy. I had to purchase a phone for full retail but then I got UNLIMITED MINS, TEXT, and DATA for $20 a month. I also used my FAN code and got an additional 24% off. In total my bill was around $14 a month.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
you sound like a campaigner. I really do not know why you would care what someone else chooses for their provider.
I think most if not everyone knows that while on 3G with verizon you cannot do data and talk by now. So other than this, whats the reason you need to attack verizon and defend your ATT.

You should make the switch to the 4 as the lower resolution display is worse for your eyes.

I could really care less about what you think I sound like. Also, you'd be surprised to know that NOT everybody knows the disadvantages the Verizon iPhone has.
I have an iPhone 4, just thought I'd let you know.

To make it even more clearer, my signature clearly states: "I need a new username..."

:rolleyes:

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I'd give up voice/data and faster speeds if I could get more reliable phone calls that don't drop every other call....

James

Hobbes.

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
There is no discount on anything that is contracted. That's straight from my friend who works at apple. Anything else they can get, as long as it's not contracted. iPad 3G is the exception since it's not required you get AT&T to use it and it's pay as you go.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

iphone3gs16gb said:

I could really care less about what you think I sound like. Also, you'd be surprised to know that NOT everybody knows the disadvantages the Verizon iPhone has.
I have an iPhone 4, just thought I'd let you know.

To make it even more clearer, my signature clearly states: "I need a new username..."

:rolleyes:

And I am sure no one really cares what you think or your opinion about what phone service is best for them.
And by the way, the mobile site does not show signatures. Good Luck with the new user name.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Ok, I've spent some more time fact checking. Everything I read states that they get 10% discounts on anything in the store and an annual 25% discount. I can find no mention of iPhones being excluded from that.

Obviously there's no official site for this, but do you have any kind of site that claims employees can't use their store-wide discount on iPhones?

Because I can't find one. I'm assuming you have one in mind since you're so certain of this.

I know for a fact that Apple employees don't get a discount on the SUBSIDIZED iPhone. Not sure about the full price iPhone.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Apple employees get zero discount on iPhones. Full price whether you're retail or corporate. Worked there the past 3.5 years.

ripper998

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I think verizon does this for all its outside vendors that sell its phones. Its a way to get them on there plan and talk about how great it is to customers. Of course if it was a great service, they wouldnt have to bribe them with cheap service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.