Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatcheeks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Sheffield
some of my DVD's wont go past the scanning stage. keep getting stuck at file 6 of 15 etc
anyone any ideas of a way round this or anyone experienced the same?
i am using latest version of vlc and handbrake. thanks in advance for any help

Matt.H

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2009
Wiltshire
The best thing to do is to rip the entire disc to your hard drive before using Handbrake to convert it.

I personally use RipIt.
There are alternatives such as MacTheRipper. Once its on your hard drive; it usually makes things in Handbrake a bit quicker anyway (although it will take a while to rip).

shevans

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
Herts, UK
Play the DVD in the DVD player making sure you are playing part of what you want to rip, right click and you will then see which title is playing.

In Handbrake use "File.. Open.Source.. Title Specific" and the select the one you found using DVD Player.

Last edited:

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
Play the DVD in the DVD player making sure you are playing part of what you want to rip, right click and you will then see which title is playing.

In Handbrake use "File.. Open.Source.. Title Specific" and the select the one you found using DVD Player.

This right here is what you want to do. that way it wont search the entire disc. just the title you choose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.