Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

110909-ipad_march_2nd_invite_500.jpg

The Loop reports that Apple has officially issued invitations to a media event scheduled for next Wednesday, March 2nd, with the graphics suggesting that Apple will indeed introduce the next-generation iPad at the event. The invitation comes with the tagline "Come see what 2011 will be the year of."
Apple on Wednesday sent an invitation to media inviting them to a special event on March 2 in San Francisco, Calif.

According to the invitation received by The Loop, the event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10:00 am. This is the same venue Apple has used to introduce a number of products in recent years.
Claims of the March 2nd media event surfaced just yesterday, putting the quash on recent rumors that the device's debut may be delayed until June.

Article Link: Apple Issues Invitations for March 2nd Media Event to Introduce Next-Generation iPad

Prab

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
SG
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

w00t!! April release?

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
I'm guessing a late March or early April release date.

Wonder who's going to be the host of the conference? My guess is Phil.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
So, a fairly obvious hint that this is the new iPad in the picture. And we also notice the only icon that is visible is the Maps icon. Something new with maps? Apple rolling out their own service?

ConnorTurnbull

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
United Kingdom
CANNOT WAIT!!! :apple:

I kinda hope international preorders go up a little later than USA ones purely so i've got a better chance of getting one on day one. Won't have the money to preorder on March 2nd and can't wait in line on the morning ;(

tsadi

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
iPad in the background, with a huge number 2 AND using the iPhone 4 Retina Display default background.

Coincidence? Or just wishful thinking?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
CANNOT WAIT!!! :apple:

I kinda hope international preorders go up a little later than USA ones purely so i've got a better chance of getting one on day one. Won't have the money to preorder on March 2nd and can't wait in line on the morning ;(

Doubt it....

If they don't launch internationally it will simply kill and stagnate current iPad sales in those countries excluded from launch window.

Apple might be happy to do that. Retailers would not.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
It will be the year of disappointment if they don't deliver the 2X resolution screen.

Thank you, black cloud of doom in every thread. But the higher resolution screen is coming, maybe not in this version, but probably before the end of the year. And the iPads will sell in tremendous number in either case.

zombierunner

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Really hoping they launch the new imacs soon ... I am really hoping that the next imac will support full hd video input so that you can use something like kanex xd and play your xbox in 1080p not 720p .. that'd be awesome.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
What if this means no revamped Macbook Pro until after the event? Wouldn't that seem like strange timing to release the new Macbook Pros on Thursday and then a week later host an event?

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
Year of the Wabbit?

"A placid year, very much welcomed and needed after the ferocious year of the Tiger"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.