Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:19 AM   #1
scmaster53
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Adams, MA
Mac Developer Program Activation Email

I've been wanting to enroll in the OS X dev program for some time now and with the recent release of the Lion dev preview I figured it was time to go for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the time it takes for apple to send out the activation email? I just purchased the program on the apple store about 10 minutes ago.
scmaster53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:51 AM   #2
iPhone1
macrumors Demi-God
 
iPhone1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmaster53 View Post
I've been wanting to enroll in the OS X dev program for some time now and with the recent release of the Lion dev preview I figured it was time to go for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the time it takes for apple to send out the activation email? I just purchased the program on the apple store about 10 minutes ago.
Give it a couple of hours max. You will receive an iTunes connect email first and then the welcome email although you may have access prior to receiving the email.
iPhone1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:00 PM   #3
scmaster53
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Adams, MA
Yes, I did receive the confirmation code from the Apple Store immediately. I'm just awaiting that precious activation code which will let me have access to 10.7 and it's resources
scmaster53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:07 PM   #4
mhuk01
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South West England
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmaster53 View Post
Yes, I did receive the confirmation code from the Apple Store immediately. I'm just awaiting that precious activation code which will let me have access to 10.7 and it's resources
you need to go to the apple develop website, login and request the redemption code. It is displayed instantly for you to copy and paste.
__________________
iPhone4S
Macbook Air
mhuk01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:15 PM   #5
axu539
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Anyone here know if signing up for the $100 Dev Program gets you access to the final public release of Lion as well? I'd gladly pay the money now if I get to update from beta to public for free when the time comes.
__________________
15" MacBookPro10,1 2.6 GHz/16GB/256GB (on its way) | 11" MacBookAir4,1 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB | iPhone4S 16GB White
axu539 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:19 PM   #6
csnplt
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago Area
Strangely, I didn't get a confirmation email from the Apple Store, but I did get the dev program activation email after about 30 minutes.
__________________
My iPhone apps:http://thomashuntington.com
Nightstand Central:Music Alarms, Weather, and Sleep Timer - An Apple Staff Favorite!
Political GPS Featured by Apple - New and Noteworthy
csnplt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:18 PM   #7
iPhone1
macrumors Demi-God
 
iPhone1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by axu539 View Post
Anyone here know if signing up for the $100 Dev Program gets you access to the final public release of Lion as well? I'd gladly pay the money now if I get to update from beta to public for free when the time comes.
You'll get the GM max which should be the same as public release.
iPhone1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:40 PM   #8
axu539
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone1 View Post
You'll get the GM max which should be the same as public release.
Does the GM max get updates just like the regular public release?
__________________
15" MacBookPro10,1 2.6 GHz/16GB/256GB (on its way) | 11" MacBookAir4,1 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB | iPhone4S 16GB White
axu539 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:16 PM   #9
CristobalHuet
macrumors 65816
 
CristobalHuet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Took me about an hour and a half.
__________________
13" MacBook Air 2.13Ghz Core 2 Duo/4GB RAM/256GB SSD (2010) + 24" Apple LED Cinema Display
32GB iPhone 5, Black
64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini, Black
CristobalHuet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac developer program question syntax.syntax Mac Applications and Mac App Store 5 Jan 27, 2014 11:43 AM
Anyone see a delay in getting activation code after joining Mac OS X developer ? farmkittie Mac Programming 2 Aug 13, 2013 12:13 AM
Developer activation email (24hrs) NM08SRT8 iOS 7 1 Jun 11, 2013 11:07 PM
Wait time for developer activation email? Iphoneness iOS 7 30 Jun 10, 2013 11:43 PM
Mac Developer Program Expiring While Running OS X 10.8.4 AppleNewsTech OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 4 May 14, 2013 08:27 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC