Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bftiedt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
hey guys quick question. I was going to pay the $99 to be a apple dev so i could test out the new Lion build but I have been reading that Lion doesnt support my MBP. I got in in the summer of 06. Its a intel core duo. My first question is , is this correct that my MBP cant handle lion as of right now? My second question is , in you guys opinion , do you think later builds , or the final version of lion will include the core duo processor , or do you think apple is discontinuing support for that processor? Thanks guy!

DerfBWH

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
hey guys quick question. I was going to pay the $99 to be a apple dev so i could test out the new Lion build but I have been reading that Lion doesnt support my MBP. I got in in the summer of 06. Its a intel core duo. My first question is , is this correct that my MBP cant handle lion as of right now? My second question is , in you guys opinion , do you think later builds , or the final version of lion will include the core duo processor , or do you think apple is discontinuing support for that processor? Thanks guy!

It's correct that Lion does not support your (or mine, as we both have the same model) Macbook Pro. The final version of Lion will not support our laptop either, as it was a move to make Mac OS X Lion (mostly) 64-bit only, an architecture that the processor in our laptop simply does not and can not support.

bftiedt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
well thats no good. Maybe it will give me a good reason to talk the wife into getting a new MBP lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.