Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epomqo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Dear all,

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro with 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Just got Lion installed and found the following issues and I have no idea about them:

1) The Hard Drive free space seems don't calculate correctly. When I deleted some 10G files, the free space is still shown as much as before. Anyone had the same situation?

2) Most of the time the two-finger scrolling works just as before, but sometimes it got stuck in the middle of the screen: no matter how hard I tried it didn't move anymore. I had to use three fingers to go to top or down, or use mouse to move a bit, in order to make two-finger scrolling working again. But this doesn't affect new scrolling tasks in other windows. Is it simply due to the rather low configuration of the computer?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Xiaowen

epomqo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Not really... It happened like 5 times in an hour. Seems very strange to me.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Having the same issues with free space reporting.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the auto-save or versions feature.

epomqo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Not yet... I hope to figure it out why... Cos never saw similar issues reported...

epomqo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
It seems that it only happens when scrolling in Firefox, no problem found so far with Safari or Acrobat...

Enori

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
Poland
I had the same issue with free space. I did clean install of lion and it seems to be fine.

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
I have the same issue with free space, missing over 200GB of free space that I cannot account for. I did an upgrade instead of a clean install of Lion.

-Mike

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
So the issue with free space reporting is directly related to the new "local snapshots" feature. It's like Time Machine without an external HDD. It uses your HDD to cache backups of your current session. I disabled it and regained over 3GB of my SSD. Go to Time Machines Prefs>advanced to disable it.

epomqo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
That's the reason, thanks very much!

This feature is very interesting though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.