Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatsmyaibo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Hello all, I have just tried printing a coupon from Disney's site, which is redirected to coupon.com, and it never sent to my printer. When I tried to resend it, the coupon wouldn't print again because there is a limit on how many can be printed.

I reinstalled my printer and it is working again but is there a way I can go into my print history and reprint a file that was recently printed? The actual file is not on my computer as it is printed through the internet.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: jagooch

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
what about looking at the browsers' history? Don't know if that will totally help, but is a start.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
What type of printer do you have?

I can open System Preferences, then Print & Fax, then select my printer in the list on the left. Click Open Print Queue. In the Menu Bar, go to Jobs and click Show Completed Jobs. From there, you can select the print job and reprint it.

thatsmyaibo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I tried it but to fix my printer I had to remove it from the list of printers then add it again which cleared the queue.

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
Probably no help now, but in future anything like this, dont select the printer itself, in the print dialogue select preview, which will open it as a pdf. Then you can save it before printing.
I've done this with boarding passes for flights, some airlines only let you print your boarding pass once which is a problem if say the printer screws it up.

jadhavv

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2015
What type of printer do you have?

I can open System Preferences, then Print & Fax, then select my printer in the list on the left. Click Open Print Queue. In the Menu Bar, go to Jobs and click Show Completed Jobs. From there, you can select the print job and reprint it.

I tried to do that because I was having a similar problem, but when I got to completed jobs and clicked on the file I wanted to reprint it didn't do anything. How to you get from completed jobs to reprinting? I tried all the things on the toolbar, right clicked, left clicked, etc. Nothing was happening. Please help!

Reactions: jagooch and marirag
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.