Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoneje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
I'm trying to develop a short (5-ish questions, all multiple choice) survey that I can have customers complete after they receive a brief product training delivered on the iPad from employees at my company. I've been researching this a bit online, and it seems like the survey tools I've come across are either a) really expensive and far more featured than I need, b) designed by a kid, or c) a scam.

I'd even build a survey in the iPad version of Pages or Numbers if it would work easily. I want the customer to take all of 30 seconds to touch their answers, and I want the answers to be stored somewhere for me to access and analyze later. I don't care whether that's on a survey site or on the iPads themselves, but I want it to work and it needs to be easy to use!

Also, the survey needs to work when there is no internet connection available. We will have at least 5 iPads collecting data over a 3+ month period.

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Phil Schiller demoed how this could be done in Numbers during the iPad keynote..

stoneje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Well, maybe our product falls into the "too expensive" basket but just in case you didnt come across us please take a look at http://www.isurveysoft.com. If you purchase this month you'll be helping a good cause too...

I checked out your product, and $89/month was too much for me - sorry! It looks (as many similar products do) very capable. Since I'm doing something extremely basic, it's probably more than we need.

Phil Schiller demoed how this could be done in Numbers during the iPad keynote..

Thank you! I went back and watched Phil's presentation and it's just what I needed to see.

My University uses Polldaddy - their offerings work really well and aren't too awfully expensive.

Another good option that unfortunately costs more than zero dollars... thanks for the feedback, though.

ipadsultan

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Survey tool for iPad

For a very intuitive app, use Zwoor survey. Our clients use it for street surveys in all markets. It works offline, with no connectivity, and has ample free downloads. We like it quite a bit, hence the reco.
Solid collection of templates, so you can use what other people contributed to the library.

Check them out at http://www.zwoor.com/products/survey , or simply search for Zwoor Survey on google.
The iPad version is on the iTunes as Zwoor Survey HD.

alice2

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
QuickTapSurvey

QuickTapSurvey is exactly what you're looking for. They have a great free version and you can collect data while you're not connected to the internet. Check them out! http://quicktapsurvey.com

nudua

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
Also, the survey needs to work when there is no internet connection available. We will have at least 5 iPads collecting data over a 3+ month period.

It seems to me that the job you want to get done fits very well with the new iPad Survey App from Caretotell.

Featured that relates to you:
  • Offline support
  • Multiple iPad on same account (you can filter survey data by iPads)
  • Real-time analytics and reports, and export capabilities.

And if you don't use this survey too much, you may get away with paying nothing. The app is free.

Anyways, I can vouch for it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.