Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Anyone from Ireland on here?

Anyone going to hit the Belfast store on launch day?

Planning on getting down there early with my brother.

Still a few weeks to go yet but it should be a laugh, never been in a que outside a store before.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I'll probably come down if I've sold my 16GB 3G by then so I can pick up a new one…if not, then I might just come down and have a look...

leigh852

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Not sure what time really haven't planned it with my friends yet. Whats the best time to be sure to get one before they run out?

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
I have no friends going down with me, so I may need someone to watch my space while I pee?

I don't know as yet. I'm thinking around maybe head about about 12 see what the queue is like, grab a bite to eat then queue up if its a 5pm launch? If it's a 9AM launch probably around 5AM?

That's my cards on the table... see you that your there 30 mins before to get ahead of me! lol

maehara

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Northern Ireland
Assuming the 5pm launch time's accurate, I'll probably be heading down around 2-ish. Unless I can talk myself out of the need to buy another expensive new gadget first.

Who am I kidding... :D

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I really can't make it down till 4pm - for the iPhone 4 I started queuing at 9:30am and wasn't out until 2:30pm. I was supposed to be at work and was freaking out someone would see me! I stayed hidden when flipping UTV cameras turned up!

I really don't want to be queuing that long this time - hoping it won't be as busy as the iPhone 4 launch. Though I believe there were computer issues connecting with O2 first thing that morning plus people had to switch/sign up for contracts so on average would take a lot longer for the iPhone than iPad.
Was anyone else there?

Any chance one of you nice people will post updates (queue size) to this thread on the day? I'll do the same when I get there for anyone coming even later than me.

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
I was planning for a 2pm start, my brother has dropped out on me so it will be me on my own-some.

Getting the 16GB in Black with the Black Leather Smart Cover and possibly the HDMI adaptor if they have it in stock.

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm planning on heading to Belfast for 12 so will keep you guys informed!

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Live blog from Belfast Apple Store starting 1.30pm tomorrow. Anyone who wants to know how long the queue is keep checking for updates.

www.ipad2queue.co.uk

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Yeah, saw that, thats why I changed my post accordingly....:)

Going to take a spin down there now for a laugh and take some photos for the live blog, wish I didn't have to pick the kids up from school tomorrow or I would have joined them tonight.

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010

Just back from Belfast, 4 people in the queue. It's bloody freezing in Victoria Square, fair play to them.

I put a picture up on the live blog.

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Fair play indeed! After the iPhone 4 launch I swore I wouldn't queue again - did anyone hear of anyone who queued on a launch day and didn't get an iPad/iPhone?
I originally said I'd be going down at 4pm and now it keeps getting earlier in my head - will wait and hear what the queue situation is like. If I was off work I'd be there from lunchtime.

Last year to collect my iPhone 4 pre-order I joined the queue at Top Shop and it snaked across to the other side of the shopping centre and then back to the Apple Store. Took 4.5 hours (though it was for iPhone 4 - people signing contracts etc).

Good luck everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.