Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pflau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Hi. Anyone has added an extra line to their ATT iPhone plan? How much does it really cost when you add all the message plan and data plan and so forth? Thanks.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
If you are already on a current family plan it starts at $9.99 per month, plus taxes. A data plan for the iPhone is $15 or $25 a month. On my plan I have the unlimited messaging for $30 a month that covers all four of my lines. Really not that bad of a deal to add an iPhone on a family plan.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Also worth noting...

If you buy online and set up your AT&T plan the cheapest voice plan you can get for 2 iPhones is a shared 700 minute plan that costs $70 per month.

When I signed up I asked if there was anything cheaper and they gave me a 550 minute plan for $60 per month.

So I basically saved $10 per month just by asking. If you don't think you need 700 minutes it's worth getting.

(If you can...I have no idea if they'll still do this since it was never on their website then or now.)

shelbymayer

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
also, if it is the unlimited family plan to add an additional line is $49.99 and not $9.99!

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
Also worth noting...

If you buy online and set up your AT&T plan the cheapest voice plan you can get for 2 iPhones is a shared 700 minute plan that costs $70 per month.

When I signed up I asked if there was anything cheaper and they gave me a 550 minute plan for $60 per month.

So I basically saved $10 per month just by asking. If you don't think you need 700 minutes it's worth getting.

(If you can...I have no idea if they'll still do this since it was never on their website then or now.)

AT&Ts online is awful if you want to add a new line to a an already existing individual plan (and convert it to a family plan). It makes you jump thru some hoops and leaps of faith, at the end you don't know if you are adding a new line or signing up for 2 new 2 year contracts!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.