Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luvmymacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Hi all,

I have a Canon Pixma MP480 and no matter what I do, I cannot get my Macbook to recognize it. I have found a couple of other people with the same problem online, and they were told to download the appropriate driver from Canon.

I have done this, but still cannot for the life of me get my MB to scan. The printing works just fine, but no luck on scanning.

Any tips?

Aidoneus

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2009
Is the printer attached via USB, or shared over a network?

With my MP240, my Mac would not recognise the scanner unless it was directly attached via USB.

iamvexed

macrumors member
May 27, 2008
What exactly have you tried?

For instance, have you tried opening Preview, going to File-->Import from Scanner?

luvmymacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I have it hooked up via USB, and the printer works fine, just not the scanner.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, and the Genius Bar tried finding the scanner on the devices page, and tried going to preview and importing from scanner.

I'm going to call Canon when I get a chance since Genius Bar couldn't figure it out. Thanks for your tips, if you have any more that would be helpful. I'll keep you posted on what Canon says.

pallance

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
solution?

Hey luvmymacbook, I've got exactly the same problem with exactly the same printer on a brand new MBA with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Installed and reinstalled all drivers multiple times...scanner recognized by my old MBP but not the new MBA...

Did you ever find a solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.