Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vinsanity93

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
I just got a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I paired my iPod touch with UConnect. Problem is that when I play songs, it comes out of the car speakers like its being fastforwarded and cuts off every second or so.

How do I get it to play regularly? Or do I have to connect it via audio cable because it doesn't work with the USB cable either.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I know from experience that Ford Sync doesn't play well via USB with my HD based iPods. It's fine with a Nano though. In comparison to Chrysler's Uconnect, I would say just use a 3.5mm standard audio cord out of the headphone jack for best results. Music played by data source in cars (30-pin connector to USB) is typically more of a hassle than just plugging in an audio cord.

* Also, this is the iPod section for the Classic / Nano / Shuffle. You'd probably have better luck in the iPod Touch section, here. *
(Just request that a Mod moves this existing thread.)

Vinsanity93

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
I know from experience that Ford Sync doesn't play well via USB with my HD based iPods. It's fine with a Nano though. In comparison to Chrysler's Uconnect, I would say just use a 3.5mm standard audio cord out of the headphone jack for best results. Music played by data source in cars (30-pin connector to USB) is typically more of a hassle than just plugging in an audio cord.

* Also, this is the iPod section for the Classic / Nano / Shuffle. You'd probably have better luck in the iPod Touch section, here. *
(Just request that a Mod moves this existing thread.)

How do I do that lol, still new here...do I PM one or just make a post requesting it?

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
How do I do that lol, still new here...do I PM one or just make a post requesting it?

Not a problem, absolutely glad to have new members all the time!

Actually, now that you mention it, I've seen people simply ask it in a post, but I think it's more of a game of chance waiting to see if they find it. :eek:

In the bottom left corner of each post, there's a little off light / green light depending if you're here or not. Next to that is a little red triangle with a line. This is to report posts. You can use this for something offensive, or to request something beyond our control. I would do it for you, but I don't want them to think I'm reporting you for something bad. :p

goat32

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Run update on your Ipod

I just bought a Dodge Charger 2011 and I was having the same issue until tonight my ipod did and major update took about 45 minutes to complete and now my system plays fine. Run and update on your ipod that should fix it.:D

msmira

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Prague
I just got a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I paired my iPod touch with UConnect. Problem is that when I play songs, it comes out of the car speakers like its being fastforwarded and cuts off every second or so.

How do I get it to play regularly? Or do I have to connect it via audio cable because it doesn't work with the USB cable either.

Hi, in my Grand Cherokee 2011 it works as dream using cable for iPod - the one from Mopar that connects to pin connector at dashboard case in the middle. However, there were some issues with iPhone 4. Everything works perfect after I updated system. Try latest version at: http://mofv.com/MyGIG/, version RER 2.402 software update. Follow their instruction. It takes ca. 30 minutes.
Mirek

Vinsanity93

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Well I found a temporary fix for the high speed playback on bluetooth, just put the iPod touch on standby (screen turned off).

Gunner0357

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2015

Were you ever able to fix this issue? I am having the same problem....Via the cord to the ipod touch from the usb port

Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.