Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoman504

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2010
I spoke with a rep at Incipio and they stated that the Feather iPad 2 case should be released in 2-3 weeks. I was debating on picking up a Smart Cover, but will most likely just hold out for the Feather now.

expressway

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
I hope they release updated versions of all their current cases - I'd love to get a dermaSHOT case.

Maybe it's selfish/unrealistic of me to want the cases to be available at or closer to launch, but I hate to have to buy a cheap one to protect it in the meantime. I'm pretty careful with my stuff anyway, but protection from day 1 would still be nice.

NewZealandMatt

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2007
Hopefully they'll design a Feather that accommodates the magnetic hinge on the Smart Cover ... that would be a great combo.

tqmcguire

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Hopefully they'll design a Feather that accommodates the magnetic hinge on the Smart Cover ... that would be a great combo.

This suggestion is exactly what I was telling my wife last night. it would be perfect. I like the Smart Cover but the aluminum would get scuffed so quickly in the typing position. I've got my iPad on my desk all day at work and it's almost always in the typing position. I'm constantly moving and sliding it all over the desk and I'd have scratched the crap out of the back without a case on it. Smart Cover + Feather = WIN :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.