Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
downloading it and updating the iphone now :D

Here's proof that it's live

35jwahj.jpg

Busy dock buddy ;)

fox777

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
USA
damn...Does anybody know if it's safe to update for JAILBREAK people? (i need to keep unlock as well)

mrparis

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Ah well, O2 in the UK has killed the Hotspot feature.

At first when the phone booted after update it looked like an option on the front page of the Settings menu. Got all excited, went in and it seem to allow to setup, password and everything. Then it disappeared (obviously O2's influence there) and now only shows in the Network settings, with msg saying about going to O2's website to get it on your account.

Bye bye O2, 3 here we come. Why did they have to kill the excitement of 4.3 launch. :(

Los

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
You guys think Tinyumbrella will be able to preserve my 01.59.00 baseband? Or should I be the first to find out? :p

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Anyone have a theory why this update caused my iPhone 4 to brick, now restoring it but its super annoying :( Never happened before with my old iPhone 3G or this iPhone 4.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Anyone have a theory why this update caused my iPhone 4 to brick, now restoring it but its super annoying :( Never happened before with my old iPhone 3G or this iPhone 4.

You're phones not bricked, it will work when it's restored, bricking would imply just that, its bricked and can't be used....

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Damn it Apple, why the hell do you never enable pause and resume on iOS downloads? The POS iTunes will time out half the time during the middle of the download and then restart all over again. I just got to 300 megabytes and then iTunes just dropped the whole thing and I had to start over again.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Guess I wasn't paying attention before now: the Personal Hotspot function is only available for the iPhone 4?

Seems to be dependent upon your carrier, too. I don't have it at all on mine which is on Tesco (courtesy of O2 UK).

ThaChadwick

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
only took me 8 minutes!!

20 meg broadband thank you!! :D

Same here, only took 9 minutes. But then again, Im doing this at work ....better broadband. Firmware currently updating.

To All iPhone 4 GSM owners whom have downloaded: Any noticeable differences in speed of Safari?!? Any other notable changes?

In a few minutes, Ill be able to report what I see once my update is finished.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
'for all intensive purposes' actually means absolutely nothing.

The saying is indeed 'for all intents and purposes', but 'for all intensive purposes, you're awesome' definitely has meaning. It means you are awesome for all purposes which are considered intensive.

You both win and both lose. Solved.

So 4.3 huh? Nice update!

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I actually meant how to get the GM installed early, since the GM is pretty much always the same build as the launch. clicking update just tells me my version is the current version...

You click Update while pressing the Option key, then you select the ipsw file.

conecode

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
Update not yet available for Verizon iPhones?

I have the Verizon iPhone and iTunes is still telling me that 4.2.6 is the latest version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.