Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandomPuppy

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
Hello ...

Can not install Xcode 4 ... shows this error - http://instagr.am/p/CHyeZ/

After clicking OK is to run and I have to force quit!

I did a download via the Mac App Store.

Can anyone help?

I'm in the same spot, although I don't get the error message. Maybe I don't wait long enough (more than 10 minutes) before I force quit the installation.

Someone else having this trouble? Seems like I'm not alone.

Jodles

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
Mine seemed stuck all at the end for at least two hours. Then I quit it and started it again, and it finished much quicker.

Try quitting it and starting it again:)

santi77

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Waterloo, IA
I've tried twice to install Xcode 4, and both times, it mentioned something about Steam. Then it froze. I tried to force quit and the pinwheel of death. So I force restarted it. Then upon trying to reboot, it showed the file with a question mark in it. I was forced to restore from my backup. :mad:

datmr

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
mine got stuck repeately popping up multiple copies of the software update - at one stage i had 6 of them in the dock all bouncing up and down

i force quit it and rebooted and it worked after

i've seen a few detailed threads for this over on more dev-centric forums

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
My install has gotten to around 50% twice now and has stopped. No error messages show or anything, the progress bar just stops.
Any suggestions?

conecode

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
Just purchased Xcode 4.0.1 from the App Store and it freezes with just a couple more millimeters to go on the progress bar. The description in the said that 4.0.1 fixes this issue. Apparently not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.