Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pZsolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Hi All,

Planning to get to London over the next week, does anyone knows if the 1 GB iPod Shuffle is already available in the store? Thanks for your info.

pZsolt

Benj

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2004
London
No.

Have been in on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (don't ask). Not yet.

Did speak to the manager and he wasn't sure when they would come in. He said it could be very soon or could be some time. (Helpful, eh?)

pZsolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
iPos Shuffle in London

Thanks Folks,

I hope when I will be there they will have them already, if not, just have to buy it via the web.

Have a good weekend

pZsolt

Benj

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2004
London
I suspect I will be in again early next week. I'll keep you posted.

Which day will you be going?

pZsolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Benj,

Donno yet, might happen that a friend goes over (thanks to the office). Most probably around 22/23/24.

pZsolt

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Haven't been in to the store, but just watched a BBC news report about ipod shuffles, and the reporter was in the store, interviewing an apple employee with one, and then filming the queue. So, maybe.....

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
There are none to be found in Canada. So SJ saying its available "today" only applies to the US. :eek:

Benj

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2004
London
pZsolt said:
Benj,

Donno yet, might happen that a friend goes over (thanks to the office). Most probably around 22/23/24.

pZsolt

If there is a sniff I'll let you know.

Benj

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2004
London
Gee said:
Haven't been in to the store, but just watched a BBC news report about ipod shuffles, and the reporter was in the store, interviewing an apple employee with one, and then filming the queue. So, maybe.....

There absolutely, definitely was nothing yesterday. No posters, no queues of desperate punters, nothing. So I would be surprised.

I thought the BBC were too obsessed with the third in line to the throne to report anything...

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Applespider said:
The store always has a queue so could have been stock footage from anytime in last 2 months! With one Shuffle for training purposes actually being interviewed - so to speak! ;)

Nah, the reporter was standing in front of the queue, so it was definitely yesterday he was in, but yes, there's always a queue. It may just have been one demo model that was shown though.

Benj

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2004
London
They cynic in me reckons it will be quite some time until we see the Shuffle (and even perhaps the Mac Mini) on these shores. It seemed like about 6 months before the iPod Mini was available outside the US.

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
On friday afternoon they had some 512's at the store btw as a mate picked one up...have no idea if they are still in stock.

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
Just got through on the phone, they're not expecting any for 2 weeks.

I know they didn't have any Thursday PM as I went there on my lunch break.

I don't know how Fredstar got one from the London store.

:(

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
mrzippy said:
Just got through on the phone, they're not expecting any for 2 weeks.

I know they didn't have any Thursday PM as I went there on my lunch break.

I don't know how Fredstar got one from the London store.

:(
I didn't get one mate a friend did and at 4 30 friday afternoon i was chatting to him on ichat (when he was in the store) and he was debating whether he should buy one. I told him YES definately and he now has one.
I should have told him to buy me one but now i have to wait till 7th feb when my est arrival time for a 512 one is.
I am not sure how many/why they had them for sell but they only had the 512's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.