Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawndoc

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
"Limited Availability" means they have 1 in the system, and it may be a return.
"Available" means they have at least 2 of the model in stock, so is unlikely to be a return.

Hammer God

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
Arrived at the Camarillo Target store as it opened, ran to electronics and they had a 64gb black wifi. Bought it and rushed to the Thousand Oaks Apple store and got in line hoping to get the 32gb wifi I wanted. Got up to the front of the line and they announced they were sold out. Ran to the Simi Valley Target since they still showed limited availability on a 32gb wifi and sure enough, they had 1 white one. Bought it and using it right now. Selling the 64gb in eBay.

Now that you have what you want, please don't buy any more in this area. I'm trying to find one to use for myself. :) Can't afford to spend much more time at the T.O. Apple Store.

MrM

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
California
Has anyone purchased a 16gb wifi yet? I've only read about people buying 32gb's.

I'm watching that tracker like a hawk! Thanks to the guy who posted the links.

zenio

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Thanks for the tip buddy! With your advice, I was able to pick up 2 this morning! I guess I owe you a pint :D

I drive by a Target during my commute. I was shocked to find them in stock this morning. I was able to buy three for my family. While checking out I called a friend who arrived there 30 min later but they had sold out. Frankly I didn't expect quite this much demand given nearly everyone I know has version one.

POR503

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
Portland, OR
Thank you!!

Just used the DPCI codes to check inventory at the Targets in my area and one store about 30 minutes away had what I wanted. Called and they said yes we have them but just a couple left. I arrived and they were very helpful and went to go look for it. They couldnt find it and I asked if they needed the DPCI number and they said yes. They didn't even know the dang product number. They found it instantly and I was in and out in 10 minutes. I would never have driven out there if it weren't the help of all you guys with the product codes. I hope you are able to find one sooner than later. I'm cancalling my online order right now. Chow!

fusion23

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Target worked! Woo hoo!

I got mine (att black 64gb) this morning at the Burbank, CA target. I used the online inventory search and it worked! The woman working the electronics dept said they didn't have any, but since i had the target id number I asked customer service and she found it...located in stock room C. Must be some special stock room because she had to ask the manager. He had the woman who already told me no go find it for me. I don't know why they didn't know they had them in stock, but thanks for electronic inventory systems.

The bad news...it has the most awful backlit bleed! So I guess I'll be trying to exchange this one for a good one. So far this thing is pretty sweet.

Thanks for the target tip!

-Kevin

jojojeronimo

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Santa Ana is defintely out of stock even though it shows the 32GB WiFi Black & 64GB WiFi White as available. Employee in electronics said that UPS deliveries between 8am - 6pm.

I went at 5pm pst and got the same response! Just checked target online again and it changed from available to limited stock on the 32g... whats up with that??

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Just got a 32 gig AT&T 3G at target in grand forks north Dakota!

Online said they were out, called and they said they were out and only had 16gig wifi. So I went to look, sure enough they had the 32! So for sure calling isn't correct, neither is online (for some stores at least)

stinkyfriedtofu

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
That's genious, may I please have access to your script as well? This will definitely make things a bit easier.

should be quick for anyone with curl on their machine. I ran a shell script on a macbook terminal.

just make a array of zip codes, array of dpci #'s in a shell script

and run this command (replacing dpci & zipcode ofcourse)

Code:
curl -f "_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&asin=&dpci=057-10-1830&zipcode=91770&city=&state=" http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats_results.jsp?_DARGS=/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp

dennisjs

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Northeast USA
So is it safe to say that Target does get in MORE shipments? I was just wondering if the iPads people are finding are left over from launch or are new... No luck yet!! (Except for stores way too far from me :mad:)

This is NOT leftover launch inventory. None of it showed at 10PM Tuesday evening but by midnight new inventory started showing up and continued to show in stores' inventory right through the night into the early and in some cases-- mid-morning.

nimski62

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Got myself 2 black 32 wifis here in fort Wayne, Indiana! Thank you target inventory checker! Looks like there is one more black 32 wifi in stock here in town at another target.

shiftyeyedTexan

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Target inventory system lag

I purchased only one in stock this morning and time elapsed between "limited avail." at purchase and "out of stock" was about 30-40 minutes in my case. Just a FYI. Good Luck all. Keep checking the system as it worked great for me. ;)

dennisjs

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Northeast USA
"Limited Availability" means they have 1 in the system, and it may be a return.
"Available" means they have at least 2 of the model in stock, so is unlikely to be a return.

There is no reason to assume that LIMITED AVAILABILITY signals the unit may be a return. I have seen NO evidence of this in any store I have been in. What is seems to mean is that there is ONE UNIT IN STOCK.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
should be quick for anyone with curl on their machine. I ran a shell script on a macbook terminal.

Code:
curl -f "_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&asin=&dpci=057-10-1830&zipcode=91770&city=&state=" http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats_results.jsp?_DARGS=/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp

i'm still getting nothing from terminal. but then again, i'm not a coder.

mo0620

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010

Code:

hmm, i get

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 500

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
There is no reason to assume that LIMITED AVAILABILITY signals the unit may be a return. I have seen NO evidence of this in any store I have been in. What is seems to mean is that there is ONE UNIT IN STOCK.

I have one store in my area that has multiple "limited availability" listings. I went, trying the lookup tricks, multiple staff looking and nothing, even checking returns. Finally, of all people, the Target security guy was the only one that knew what was going on. He said they only had five (each) since launch. They were all gone, he knows because he was in charge of tracking them security-wise. He said that not all inventories are "up-to-date", even 5 days out. He scanned the BLK 64mb shelf sticker and showed me another store close by had 6 of them, but when he called they did not. So luck seems to be the best way to get one it seems.

Back to the hunt!

kokesh

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I have one store in my area that has multiple "limited availability" listings. I went, trying the lookup tricks, multiple staff looking and nothing, even checking returns. Finally, of all people, the Target security guy was the only one that knew what was going on. He said they only had five (each) since launch. They were all gone, he knows because he was in charge of tracking them security-wise. He said that not all inventories are "up-to-date", even 5 days out. He scanned the BLK 64mb shelf sticker and showed me another store close by had 6 of them, but when he called they did not. So luck seems to be the best way to get one it seems.

Back to the hunt!

sorry for off topic, but are you TTE from Spymac?

Were you looking tonight or earlier today? In my experience the few stores that had limited availability went through their inventory today by early afternoon. Most were gone by 11 am (~3 hours after store opening)

zenio

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
I don't know anything other than what I was told by the Target manager, who I just happened to encounter upon entering the store as they were opening this morning. She said that they've been selling out shortly after opening each morning when they have had them, so I was lucky to get the ones I did.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
sorry for off topic, but are you TTE from Spymac?

Were you looking tonight or earlier today? In my experience the few stores that had limited availability went through their inventory today by early afternoon. Most were gone by 11 am (~3 hours after store opening)

Yes, one and the same.

Yeah, it was earlier tonight but this particular Target I checked really hadn't received any more. I'm taking the guy at his word, he was nice and took extra time to help (which was weird being uniformed security) but I'm guessing the area is a higher crime area too.

kokesh

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Shipments Thursday morning?

Has anyone heard anything from their Target about whether they have been getting shipments daily or just Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays? I have read both things..I think a few Targets got shipments on Tuesday, based on the people in this thread who set up the links system, but I also read today that their electronics shipments are usually ~4 am on Mon/Wed/Fri

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Has anyone heard anything from their Target about whether they have been getting shipments daily or just Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays? I have read both things..I think a few Targets got shipments on Tuesday, based on the people in this thread who set up the links system, but I also read today that their electronics shipments are usually ~4 am on Mon/Wed/Fri

shipments of what? target gets shipments every day (expect sunday). whether or not ipads are on the truck is an unknown. and 4 am sounds about right for shipments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.