Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JellyFish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Is there any software to do screen grabs on the iphone? How do you take a screenshot?

mikahopity

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Step 1: Place iPhone on table
Step 2: Grab digital camera
Step 3: Take picture using digital camera of said iPhone

Now you have your screenshot!

Seriously though, I don't think there is a way to do this on the iPhone.... yet.....

tazinlwfl

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Florida
Step 1: Place iPhone on table
Step 2: Grab digital camera
Step 3: Take picture using digital camera of said iPhone

Now you have your screenshot!

Seriously though, I don't think there is a way to do this on the iPhone.... yet.....

Hold [HOME] and press the [OFF/LOCK] button
... POOF
Screen capture

saves to ur Camera Library as .png's

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Hold [HOME] and press the [OFF/LOCK] button
... POOF
Screen capture

saves to ur Camera Library as .png's

Yep, that's it.

And just to clarify because I've read some posts by people confused about this process... Hold down the home button, and SINGLE CLICK the on/off/lock button. Don't hold them both down, that's the reset sequence.

nzljky

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
@tazinlwfl: wrong

To take a screen grab on your iPhone with Software 2.0, just hold down the home button, then tap the top button. Your screen will flash white signifying you have captured your screen.

The image will pop up in your camera roll in the Camera app or Photos app.

Wanna have fun with this new feature?

Grab a friends iPhone and take a screen grab of their home screen. Open the image and leave the iPhone on the victim's friend's desk. Next time they try to use their iPhone, they'll be perplexed that the buttons don't seem to work. Eventually, the menu for images will pop-up and you'll all have a good laugh. Hopefully.

tazinlwfl

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Florida
@tazinlwfl: wrong

To take a screen grab on your iPhone with Software 2.0, just hold down the home button, then tap the top button. Your screen will flash white signifying you have captured your screen.

Um... first of all... WOW

2nd... How was I wrong? That's exactly what I said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.