Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
I was using the excellent LockInfo HTC Clock plugin with HD Theme and then came across this superb lockscreen Winterboard theme..

It can be downloaded from Cydia:

"HTC Animated Lockbackground" by "AWesoME NiCk" from ModMyi

or

"HTC Weather Widget 1.75" by "Jose Sampo" from ModMyi

This version is for the actual lockscreen and not the typical springboard widget.

I personally think it looks awesome and just thought that I would share. It works with the latest version of Lockinfo but you don't get much room if you enable the forecast.

You can easily set your location, disable the animation, forecast, change °F to °C, display your own wallpaper by editing configureMe.js in the root of the theme (E.g. /Var/Stash/Themes/HTC Animated Background/configureMe.js)

To make modifications you will something like iFile, iPhone Explorer or SSH.

Attachments

• photo (26).PNG
    photo (26).PNG
    802.7 KB · Views: 2,959
  • photo (27).PNG
    photo (27).PNG
    609.5 KB · Views: 1,493
  • photo (31).PNG
    photo (31).PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,004
Last edited:

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Good find but this weighs in at 21.5 MB :eek: have you noticed any system slow down?

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
I only installed it late last night so its too early to say. I have 312MB available memory and have lots of tweaks installed but with Lockinfo's HTC plugin I had 348MB available. It still looks great without the animations and you can disable them if required although it only gives you an extra 10MB or so.

Last edited:

sprehodec

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Sarajevo
Is it possible to remove weather forecast for next few days, just to leave HTC clock with todays weather?

thanks

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Yes it is. Just edit configureMe.js and set var showForecast = false

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I've been using HTC Weather Widget 1.75 by Jose Sampo. It's animated and looks very similar.

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Does it work on the lockscreen?

Yeah. It also allows you a couple widget options on your springboard pages but I disabled it.

I think they're almost the same but I prefer the aesthetics on the one I listed above. The stock background images are better too. Looks cleaner.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
You need to edit configureMe.js:

// Use weather.com to find your weathercode
// For example searching for London, UK will get you this URL
// http://www.weather.com/weather/today/London+United+Kingdom+UKXX0085
// The last part UKXX0085 is the weathercode to use
var locale = "FIXX0002" //Zipcode, Postalcode, or Weathercode

Tell me as if I were an idiot....because I'm not the brightest with this sort of thing. Is this some kind of SHH or file thing?

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Let me know if it's the same. I just played with the one you mentioned in this thread for a couple of minutes only and uninstalled it.

They appear identical, same folder structure and files. The only difference I see is that they have a different LockBackground.png

On both versions, the stock background images (that change depending upon the weather) all have a cutout image for the slider. The slider is not included with the packages so I got it from 'Weather Elements'.

EDIT: Looks very nice but stock background images are 320x480 and not Retina versions.

Could it be done in ifile? ifile is very user friendly.

This can be done in within iFile. I just use 'iPhone Explorer' as it allows one to drag and drop files from PC to iPhone and vice versa.

Attachments

• photo (20).PNG
    photo (20).PNG
    798.5 KB · Views: 1,467
Last edited by a moderator:

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
They appear identical, same folder structure and files. The only difference I see is that they have a different LockBackground.png

On both versions, the stock background images (that change depending upon the weather) all have a cutout image for the slider. The slider is not included with the packages so I got it from 'Weather Elements'.

EDIT: Looks very nice but stock background images are 320x480 and not Retina versions.

Thanks for the confirmation. Does the version you listed include Retina versions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.