Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Hi

I need to put a movie on someones ipod touch (to play). Their touch has not been synced with my mac before and all I need to do is put on one movie file. How can I do that without wiping out there ipod or backing it up and syncing all there apps etc to my mac?

thanks

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
There should be an option on the Summary page when you hook up the iPod that says "Maually Manage". If you check this you can put anything from your Mac onto the iPod or iPhone without syncing.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
It's likely iphone explorer would allow you to put it on the ipod touch. However, whether it's in playable condition is unknown. You'd have to look at the other media files and see if itunes does anything special to put it on there.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
There should be an option on the Summary page when you hook up the iPod that says "Maually Manage". If you check this you can put anything from your Mac onto the iPod or iPhone without syncing.

I'm always confused why people don't manage their media this way. I guess you could also dropbox or email the file to yourself, depending on the size.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010

Thanks this worked

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.