Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moasson

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
In Yo Face
Hello everybody,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to share my MBP screen over my network to my tv with some sort of software. I don't mean playing my videos/music/photos in my tv, I just want my tv to show what's on my screen.

I know i can connect it with wire but that's not what I'm asking. Is there a software of some sort that can do that? Is it even possible?

I have '11 MBP and Samsung LED Tv

thanks

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Hello everybody,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to share my MBP screen over my network to my tv with some sort of software. I don't mean playing my videos/music/photos in my tv, I just want my tv to show what's on my screen.

I know i can connect it with wire but that's not what I'm asking. Is there a software of some sort that can do that? Is it even possible?

I have '11 MBP and Samsung LED Tv

thanks

The only way I can think of is to actually hook up a second Mac to your TV. Maybe Airplay will bring such functionality in the future, but either way you'll need some sort of hardware hooked up to your TV.

Moasson

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
In Yo Face
The only way I can think of is to actually hook up a second Mac to your TV. Maybe Airplay will bring such functionality in the future, but either way you'll need some sort of hardware hooked up to your TV.

Yeah I thought so. I really wished it was possible tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.