Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Bruce Willis film called Red about a retired CIA black ops agent who finds his life threatened and assembles his old team to figure out who is after him.

Just ok.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Red Cliff (International Version) not the theatrical version :rolleyes:

It's a Chinese epic about the battle fought in China's Three Kingdoms period. Directed by John Woo. Me likey

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Bruce Willis film called Red about a retired CIA black ops agent who finds his life threatened and assembles his old team to figure out who is after him.

Just ok.

if you like bruce willis did you ever see surrogates? that was a sweet movie about robot counterparts in the future you control

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
if you like bruce willis did you ever see surrogates? that was a sweet movie about robot counterparts in the future you control

How did I miss that one? I'll have to rent it. :)

Just watched Megamind. Surprisingly good performance by Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, and Tina Fey. Normally I can't take Will Ferrell for an entire movie... ;)

racheljohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
if your looking for a pleasant elderly time & lots of laughs. I recommend you watch Megamind. This film had all around laughs & took a different spin at superhero movies & gave us a great surprise that i know you would all enjoy. This flick is for all ages. Me & partner enjoyed it even thou they have no kids. I give Megamind six thumbs up .

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Monsters- A 2010 movie about the alien creatures who have invaded the Earth and the journey of a guy and girl from Mexico through the infected sector to the U.S. Not a terrible movie, but definitely low budget, low on special effects, and significant slow points.

thelonelylimo

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2010
Ohio
Recently I have watched "Meet The Fockers", "Tron: Legacy", "How Do You Know", "Monsters" & "Yogi Bear".

"Meet The Fockers" wasn't as good as Meet The Parents IMO.

"Tron: Legacy" is a great film, I regret not seeing it in theaters and will be purchasing it on Blu-ray.

"Monsters" is AMAZING if you're into alien movies.. similar to District 9.

In December I watch the film "Catfish". One of my current favorites, along with "The Social Network".

I would recommend "Restrepo" if you're into documentaries. One of the best I've seen in awhile.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just watched Apocalypto. Brutal but stunning. I would reluctantly take my hat off to Mel Gibson, if I was wearing one.

I must say this thread is a great source for list of movies you must watch.

A nice movie, Mel Gibson movies are great.

Apocalypto is excellent. Regarding Mel Gibson, besides being a troubled ass, was able to produce another gem called Brave Heart.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yesterday I watched Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958). Thankfully, it's only 65 minutes long, so it wasn't too big a waste of time.

In that realm of time, regarding 50's horror/monster, I really liked and still like Creature From The Black Lagoon!

Black%20Lagoon.jpg

Anyone remember Caltiki, the Immortal Monster? Saturday matinee, I spent that movie with a coat over my head. :)

caltiki_the_immortal_monster.jpg

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I actually remember watching that many years ago - and for some reason, I want to say there was a 3-D version of it. Ring any bells?

I remember those pictures of audiences wearing 3D specs way back when, but I can't remember seeing any movie in 3D myself or remember if CFTBL was one of them. :eek: The original "Creature" movie was the best. There were a couple of sequels that were not as good. In Creature Walks Among Us they tried to civilize him but it was an unhappy ending.

Another 50's horror movie that really gave me the willies was The Fly. The end scene when Vincent Price is sitting in the garden and he hears a little "help me......"

fly.jpg

This is one case where the remake was just as good and even more disgusting! :p

the-fly-cronenberg.jpg

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've only seen the remake, and it freaked me the hell out. I still can't look at my fingernails the same way anymore!

Yeah, that bathroom scene where things start to fall off and come apart is pretty horrific. I've always thought it was a great freaky horror movie.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Just watched MacGruber for the hell of it last night not expecting much. I nearly fell over laughing at the absurdity of it all. Parts are so stupid I couldn't help myself. Especially the part where he spends all this time and energy forming his team of badasses only to pack them all into a van together with his home made C4 and watch it all blow up.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Just ok.

I agree. We rented this last weekend also. It was just ok. There where some good parts but man was it predicable!

I was actually disappointed in this one. I had high hopes. Having read the comic book/graphic novel this one was sort of a let down for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.