Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rerelease

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
eesti
Dear Santa Steve,

For my iPhone 5 I'd like an A5 chip, a slightly updated battery, maybe a gig worth of RAM and an 8mpx camera that records 1080p. You can keep the design (I love it), screen size (an even nicer contrast ratio wouldn't hurt though), and everything else the same.

Oh yeah, and a landscape home screen.

Thank you!

George008

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
iphone 5

The new iphone 5 is amazing
iPhone 5 Features & Specifications

The new iPhone 5 is expected to have Face Recognition Security so that you don’t have to worry about other people stealing your phone and trying to use it… That is, unless they steal your face too. (Anyone seen Face Off?)
Video Chat on a 4G network instead of a slow 3G one
Much nicer overall body design of the phone. It’s going to be even thinner and have a shiny black piece.
Shatter Resistant and Scratch Resistant Screen
The lowest model will come with 32G of space and 64G of memory. I’ll be able to store my whole computer on the lowest model of the iPhone 5. Yippeee for me.
Longer Battery Life – Up to 14 Hours of Talk Time On The 3G and 7 Hours on the 4G. With 14 hours of talking to my girlfriends, I’m only going to have 10 hours to sleep =(
HD Audio – The quality of sound is going to be extra crisp.
Built In GPS – You’ll never get lost or have to download one of those stupid GPS apps.
u can eneter here-> http://iphone3gsystem.net/overclock-iphone3g.html for more informations about Overclock iPhone 3G

doyle369

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Nice thread

so when do we all recon the iphone 5 will be released? (I am from the UK btw)

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Well, it might be a One More Thing at the WWDC next week. All we have to do is wait. If we hear nothing by next week, than we can assume it will be launched along the new iPods in september.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
I updated my first post. Lots of wishes were 'granted' with the 5th generation iPhone (iPhone 4S) and iOS 5.

The following things are removed from the hardware wishlist, since Apple added the following functionality to the iPhone 4S. :)

Hardware wishlist, what did Apple give us?
1) 64 GB edition
2) 8 megapixel camera, full HD video recording
3) Improved A4 chip, faster, more efficient (= A5)
4) Improved battery as usual (+1 hour calling, but we want more!)
5) Better graphics (A5)
6) Bluetooth 4.0

Software iOS 5 wishlist, what did Apple give us?
1) Wireless syncing
2) New notification system
3) New lockscreen (kinda, with the new notifications and stuff)
4) Improved iPod (music) app
5) 1080p out
6) Improved Voice Control
7) Widgets (stock and weather)

So that's just great.

I have also created a new hardware + software wishlist. I arranged it on 'demand', so 1) most demanded feature 2) 2nd most-demanded feature etc.

If you believe I should arrange it differently, please let me know by posting in this topic. If you believe I am missing a wish most iPhone users would want... again let me know!

Currently, it seems like everybody wants (hardware): a bigger screen, LTE (4G) support and better battery life. These are the three most-wanted features right now.

For software, it seems like most people agree on a redesign for iOS 6: iOS is great, but most people agree it's feeling out-dated. It has the same looks and feel as in 2007. Furthermore, a new mapps app and more Siri functionality!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The post is so mch clobberd fron before ios 5 posts.
Lets start fresh..:D

Lets not and say we did.

iOS 5.x request.

• Ability to hide stock apps (like Newsstand, Compass, Contacts, GameCenter).
  • Remove Spotlight and put it to better use, (video below)
  • Photo Stream needs some improvements
  • Its been said before, but I would like to see some improvements done to the Maps.app,
  • In iOS 5, I can now set a passcode to disable Find My iPhone from being turned off (if lost or stolen), but I would like the ability to disable the ability to turn off the phone so that if it does get stolen, the person can't simply just turn off the phone and not allow me to track it.
  • The ability to Subscribe and have Podcast auto download in the background (over wifi), like newsstand does (download new content automatically).

Last edited:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Lets not and say we did.

iOS 5.x request.

• Ability to hide stock apps (like Newsstand, Compass, Contacts, GameCenter).
  • Remove Spotlight and put it to better use, (video below)
  • Photo Stream needs some improvements
  • Its been said before, but I would like to see some improvements done to the Maps.app,
  • In iOS 5, I can now set a passcode to disable Find My iPhone from being turned off (if lost or stolen), but I would like the ability to disable the ability to turn off the phone so that if it does get stolen, the person can't simply just turn off the phone and not allow me to track it.
  • The ability to Subscribe and have Podcast auto download in the background (over wifi), like newsstand does (download new content automatically).

YouTube: video

What kind of Photo Stream improvements do you need?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
What kind of Photo Stream improvements do you need?

Another iOS 5 request, ability to transfer Video from my Camera Roll to my iPhoto (wirelessly).

Re: Photo Stream
  • The ability to delete/hide individual photos
  • Images saved from the web should not be added to Photo Stream
  • Screen Capture images should not be added to Photo Stream

*Web photos, I like browsing sites like Lamebook.com or failblog.org and when I come across some funny pictures, I like to save them and text them to my friends. I don't want those photos to get mixed in with my day-to-day photos.

Right now my Photo Stream is all jacked up. For a while I had turned it off, but I miss having the ability to wirelessly sync my photos to my iMac, so I turned it back on.

img0032e.png

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Another iOS 5 request, ability to transfer Video from my Camera Roll to my iPhoto (wirelessly).

Re: Photo Stream
  • The ability to delete/hide individual photos
  • Images saved from the web should not be added to Photo Stream
  • Screen Capture images should not be added to Photo Stream

*Web photos, I like browsing sites like Lamebook.com or failblog.org and when I come across some funny pictures, I like to save them and text them to my friends. I don't want those photos to get mixed in with my day-to-day photos.

Right now my Photo Stream is all jacked up. For a while I had turned it off, but I miss having the ability to wirelessly sync my photos to my iMac, so I turned it back on.

Added.

My biggest wish for iOS 6 is just a redesign. I think it's the perfect time for it, because according to the rumours Jobs was afraid the iPhone-family would get fragemented when using a bigger screen. If Apple goes with a 4"-4.5" screen with the next generation iPhone, than they can just as well change the GUI.

iOS looks the same as, in 2012, 5 years ago and it's time for an upgrade.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Can a moderator change the topic title (because I can't), to "The big iPhone 6 + iOS 5.1 or 6.0 wishlist and rumor list"

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
So, this topic was last updated in late 2011. At that date, this was our wishlist:

Hardware wishlist (e.g. iPhone 5S / iPhone 6)
1) Bigger screen (4+ inch), preferably double resolution to keep retina display and more bright (to fight sunlight)
2) 4G networking (LTE)
3) Much better battery life
4) Improved (8 MP?) camera: better stabalization, better in low light
5) RFID
6) FM-radio and pedometer
7) Louder and better speaker

iOS 5.1 or 6.0
1) Redesign! iOS is great, but it looks the same as in 2007...
2) New maps app! What about better navigation?
3) Siri in more languages
4) Dynamic app icons (like clock app showing current time, weather app current temp)
5) Bluetooth movie, photos and music transfer (to any phone)
6) Support more video formats
7) Improved PhotoStream and other iCloud services

So, let's have a look at what we got:
What did Apple give us in over two years time?

Hardware
1) We didn't get a bigger screen for the iPhone 5S, but there are enough rumours that iPhone 6 will have a bigger display. It sounds like it's coming.

2) Yes, we did get 4G LTE networking!

3) Improved battery life? Not drastically, but improvements have been made.

4) Improved (8 MP) camera? Check. The iPhone 5S performs better in low light and in situations with a lot of movement.

5) RFID / NFC. Nope. We didn't get it. I doubt that we ever will get it.

6) FM radio? Nope, unfortunately not (- it's still very relevant). Pedometer? Not exactly, but with the M7 Motion Chip this is no longer necessary. The M7 Motion Chip can also count your steps.

7) Louder and better speaker? Nope.

Software
1) Yes, we got a redesign for iOS!

2) Yes, we got a new Maps app. In fact, Apple created its own Maps app - and we got a redesigned Google Maps app!

3) Siri in more languages? Yes, but there's still a lot of work to be done here.

4) Dynamic app icons? It's not as dynamic as one might wish, but it's getting here... (like the Clock-app, which is dynamic)

5) Bluetooth transfer? Not exactly, but we got AirDrop.

6) Support more video formats? Not exactly, but Apple has relaxed policies on 3rd party apps... so nowadays, we can basically run any video format on iOS.

7) Improved photostream? Improved iCloud services? Check.

Fun fact: at one point, there were even wishes like "slowmotion video" and "fingerprint scanner" in the list... these were removed, because they seemed highly unlikely.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
OP, do you honestly think the iPhone will EVER have finger scanning and infrared?

Apple thinks up their own product; they're not gonna take advice from somebody on the internet. unless you're an actual developer for apple (and buying the iPhone sdk doesn't count), you're voice is falling upon deaf ears. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, just that apple will never see it or acknowledge it

Lol

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
So, this topic was last updated in late 2011. At that date, this was our wishlist:

So, let's have a look at what we got:

Fun fact: at one point, there were even wishes like "slowmotion video" and "fingerprint scanner" in the list... these were removed, because they seemed highly unlikely.

Granted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.