Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poundsan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Hi
everybody

i bought a guy who is selling ipad 2 on craglist and what i want to do is it is new one or not ? i mean already opened up or not ? the serial no is DLXFG7HUDKPJ.

can you please check it is new or not ? i am buying today from him .

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
Hi
everybody

i bought a guy who is selling ipad 2 on craglist and what i want to do is it is new one or not ? i mean already opened up or not ? the serial no is DLXFG7HUDKPJ.

Since when does something have to be unopened to be new????

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

May just mean it was purchased then? Go check it out if ur not happy walk away lol

poundsan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
was it a purchased date or started using ? This is my first time getting an ipad

thanks buddies

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
warranty start date doesn't show up unless it was plugged into itunes (it would tell you to register the device, if it hadn't been plugged in yet). warranty start date = plugged in/activated. doesn't mean it was actively used, but..

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Hi
everybody

I purchased a new iPad 1 from someone on Craigslist that was sealed and it showed a date of February 15th once checked in the warranty checker. Once I hooked it up to iTunes and registered it, the date changed to March 17th which was that day of hook up. So, I believe it will show the purchase date until it is hooked up to iTunes and then it will change to that date.

poundsan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I purchased a new iPad 1 from someone on Craigslist that was sealed and it showed a date of February 15th once checked in the warranty checker. Once I hooked it up to iTunes and registered it, the date changed to March 17th which was that day of hook up. So, I believe it will show the purchase date until it is hooked up to iTunes and then it will change to that date.

thanks mate . i will try to do that !

Polymira

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Why not go to the Apple store or one of the other retail stores which is selling the iPad and buy one there? Then you'll know for sure what you're buying.

Likely because almost every store in the country is back ordered right now...

poundsan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
The unit with that serial number has this info:
Production year: 2011
Production week: 13 (April)

So it's under 2 weeks old :)

I am lucky. That guy told me the ipad serial no he was using.not the one sold it to me.i registered n show 10april 2012. i guess it was a great deal 32gb wifi white ipad 2 for 670bucks..

Thnx

sergiozambrano

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Good deal for who?

I am lucky. That guy told me the ipad serial no he was using.not the one sold it to me.i registered n show 10april 2012. i guess it was a great deal 32gb wifi white ipad 2 for 670bucks..

Great deal for who?
He didn't give you the real serial # before because...?

It is probably stolen. I hate Apple keeps records of so many data about your ipad... but nothing about ownership. Shame on Apple.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006

Thnx

how is that a good deal?! it retails for 599 plus tax directly from apple.

Harvey Specter

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Hi
everybody

You have all the tools to do this yourself. The Internet, the serial number, and basic computer knowledge. Why post this to get people's response when you can easily google something like apple serial number lookup?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.